FC loss of HP with new exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC loss of HP with new exhaust

I heard that installing a new exhaust system on an FC will cause a loss of like 30 HP, is this true? Why does it do that?

Re: FC loss of HP with new exhaust

Originally posted by Cobra_R
    I heard that installing a new exhaust system on an FC will cause a loss of like 30 HP, is this true? Why does it do that?
    30hp loss? You know that sounds ridiculous.Just think about it,30hp loss fron an exhuast system,that's a lot of hp lost for letting your engine breathe better.Let's say were talking about a T2.If you stuck on a down-pipe,mid-pipe,and a cat-back system,you'd get nothing but horsepower gains(you'd probably have to upgrade the stock wastegate,and re-map the fuel for sure),but you'd gain power from it nonetheless.

Comment

more like a gain of 30hp , that is what i got with headers to a apexi n1 on my n/a

Comment

if its a S4 thats normal
        the S4's 5/6 port are operated from the back pressure of the exahust so when you get a freeer flowing exahust the 5/6 port wont open and bam less HP...just use zip ties to hole them open all the time...easy

Comment

sounds easy enough, but do you know of any exhaust systems that counter this problem or are all the FC systems the same in that regard.

Comment

Counter the problem?? Well if you want an exhaust with backpressure, keep your stock exhaust. It is the goal of the aftermarket to make exhausts that are freer flowing. That means, less backpressure.

Comment

or you can do what i did and remove the port sleeves. but that requires taking off the intake manifold.

Comment

no tiene sentido men... logico que si tu motor respira mejor corre mejor menos trabajo para sacar el aire...

Comment

i know that you dont understand but i didnt find tha inglish words... hahahahhaahhaa da!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SDRotary
                    more like a gain of 30hp , that is what i got with headers to a apexi n1 on my n/a
                    God i love rotarys.. man they love to breath try that with any piston engine of resonable size, hell try getting 30 hp with exhaust mods on a small NA honda.. your exhaust mod better include a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by twcfc3s
                      ... logico que si tu motor respira mejor corre mejor menos trabajo...
                      exactamundo

Comment

racing beta exhaust system with presilencer cats muffler, etc....15hp to the wheels.

i have straight piping on mine. thats gotta gain more hp, but no i didnt lose any power.

Comment

hachi FC did you understand whut i said?? hahahaha weird sh!t right<??? i never speak spanish in here couse there are no mexicanos in here hahaha peace...

Comment

Yes I speak spanish and los padres de mi novia hablan solamente en espanol.
                            Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 04-19-2004, 07:08 PM.

Comment

oooh coool! haha alguien que habla espaņol hahhaa milagro y mejor manejas el FC como yoo!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X