ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is a good site to learn about engines and such?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is a good site to learn about engines and such?

Hey, I've been a long time reader,and just recently started to post (obvious in my post count). I belong to a few other forums so I know how forum life goes(caraudio.com,termpro.com). I was wondering, what are some good information sites on engines?Somewhere where it will give me the in's and out's,and will teach me all the "lingo" of the car world. I would much rather teach myself than bother you guys with stupid questions. So please list any helpful sites that basically dissect an engine,says what each part is,and then explains what it does. I would greatly appreciate it.

-Tyler

P.S.-For the most part,Ive taken in that this is a much more laid-back,friendly community of people.It doesnt seem to be very hostile to new comers(well at least ones that aren't ignorant). So yea, thought I'd just say that. OH and if anyone ever needs help on an audio question,feel free to ask me.

AIM=marleyskater420

Thanks

not sure about engines in general but when i want to learn about a specific part i google it
    stick around on forums ive learnt alot so far

or what i did was go to a high school and ask if they had any spare tech books my school had like 20 theu were giving away cause we got new ones.

Comment

yu koul make some friends in y area... im sure in kali tit`s easy II find folksxz who`d know anathin yu wanna know bout...

Comment

www.howstuffworks.com

I believe that's the link

Comment

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
          www.howstuffworks.com

I believe that's the link
          Thanks.

Any more links?

I know for audio stuff theres specific links dedicated to teaching,more in-depth that howstuffworks.

Originally posted by Tighty_wh1tey
          not sure about engines in general but when i want to learn about a specific part i google it
          stick around on forums ive learnt alot so far

or what i did was go to a high school and ask if they had any spare tech books my school had like 20 theu were giving away cause we got new ones.
          My school is *Censored**Censored**Censored* and has no shop/tech books. Its a private Christian school(don't go thinking that I think im all high n mighty)
          Where I live people are moreso cocky then helpful. Lots of "I drive a civic so Im so cool cuz this giant wing makes me fast."
          Lets just say F&F spread here like herpes through a hooker.

Comment

Working...
          X