Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural progression...

Hi all,

I have just joined up and what better way to introduce myself than with a thread about my car

I own a GA61 Celica XX (sorry, pic was taken at the dealer!)

Since I bought it, the 1G-GE in it suffered crankshaft troubles... So instead of spending a fair bit of money fixing it up I saved up my money and bought myself a 1G-GTE After a lot of cleaning up and a bit of fixing up, I have placed it in the front of my Celica XX

At this point I'd like to thank a fellow new forums member, COROLA, who has helped me with getting this happening!

This is about as far as we've gotten so far... Wiring is the next challenge (not as simple as one would hope it seems, despite the similarities between engines) then it'll be taken down to an exhaust shop to get the exhaust (2.5"), intercooler and intake piping made up.

Progress pics can be seen here.

Now, with the car related stuff out of the way I might as well get on with a bit of info about myself (why not!). I live in Adelaide, i'm 19, I work in a school as a systems administrator, and I don't believe I share the attitude that the "average" teenage driver in Adelaide has. You see, there are far too many hoons in Adelaide giving young drivers a bad name, especially when these hoons crash. Me and my friends are almost always trying to improve our skills as drivers... We don't take pleasure in doing burnouts (we have been there, done that, got boring after the first one). We really enjoy spirited drives through the Adelaide hills, but this has it's dangers.

Anyway, before I write an essay on it all I think i'll stop

Thanks!

That is easily the cleanest Celica Ive ever seen. Hey, I know some guys from Adelaide.

DC Australia

Might could help you out. Nice pic of the glad bags btw. Well, good luck. The car looks great.

Oh

I don't believe I share the attitude that the "average" teenage driver in Adelaide has. You see, there are far too many hoons in Adelaide giving young drivers a bad name, especially when these hoons crash.
    yeah, that's what the guys say.

Comment

Thanks mate!

I'll check out DC Australia... thanks for the link! Yeh the glad bags are handy to have... makes finding the right bolt/nut MUCH easier

Comment

Welcome to the boards man. I like old dori cars Very nice

Comment

Working...
        X