racing beat exhaust question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing beat exhaust question

Seeing as how a S4 RX7 losses HP when a new exhaust is installed, the racing beat website said this: the Racing Beat system utilizes a rotary engine designed muffler that has been specifically designed for the 1986-92 RX-7 application.
    Does this mean you wont have that loss of HP? Seems like it.

Dude, the Racing Beat exhausts are awesome. Most of the rotary and miata guys I know are rolling with Racing Beat and seriously they're awesome. I don't think it'll lose power with the FC if that's what you're asking.

Comment

-_-

3 inch full exhuast you will gain power i had it on my T2 sold it tho too quiet for me...youll shoot ncie flames as well

i have RB dp and pre silencer and apexi gT spec much better imo

Comment

Re: racing beat exhaust question

Originally posted by Cobra_R
        Seeing as how a S4 RX7 losses HP when a new exhaust is installed, the racing beat website said this: the Racing Beat system utilizes a rotary engine designed muffler that has been specifically designed for the 1986-92 RX-7 application.
        Does this mean you wont have that loss of HP? Seems like it.
        your info isn't completely correct. On a S4 the aux. ports are activated via backpressure which is great for stock but if you up grade the exhaust you loose back pressure thus the aux. ports don't activate and you loose about 20 or so top end HP. But if you do something that will cause the aux. ports to open like something simple as wiring them open you will gain a lot of power with an upgraded exhaust. But with the ports wired open you loose some bottom end power so you could setup something to open up the ports electonically with either an electronic air pump or something simular. Here's a write up for using Lumbar pumps http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.ph...ort+activation
        this way you can still get the top end you want but keep the bottom end which with the rotary is nice to have.

Comment

So when you use the lumbar pumps, do the 5th and 6th ports open automatically or what? Where can i get some, what would be better, electronic airpump or the lumbar pumps?

Comment

Also i just read that you can connect the 5th and 6th ports to the airpump, if i did this then the airpump would open the 5th and 6th ports just like an S5, correct? And then i would get the desired affect of having the 5th and 6th ports opening even with less backpressure right, so then i wouldnt have that loss of HP right?
            Last edited by Cobra_R; 05-06-2004, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X