mirage engine swaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirage engine swaps

what engines (preferably w/ a RWD tranny) can I swap into the chassis of the Mirage (1998)? Please give me some sort of price ranges for the engines. Thanx!

A 4G63T will bolt up I think - SOmeone on Tampa Bay DSM's has a 4G mirage. You could always put in AWD or convert the AWD to RWD, but prepare for designing a new rear suspension system and carving out the exhaust tunnel for a drive shaft and a host of other modofications.

If you have a Mirage but want a drift car you'd most likely be better off buying a RWD or AWD car and keeping the 'Mir as the daily, unless for some reason you REALLLY REALLLLLY want the Mirage as the drifter.

My '89 CRX is getting AWD, but mostly because it's about the lightest car there is, I love the suspension design, (double wishbone baby!) and the hatchback, not to mention the copious aftermarket and the SCCA success...

-MR

Comment

yeah, but I'm a prime example of budget tuning, so lack the money to buy another car right now.

I like that AWD crx, btw. good luck with that

Comment

Thanks!

I can testify that doing a drivetrain conversion is going to be more expensive than buying another car 9 times out of 10.

If you're in the market for an engine swap, most likely you can afford another car. Chevettes can be had for $150 in good condition and $50 in halfway decent condition.

-MR

Comment

your best bet will be to sell that car, and buy something else. Even a starlet or something will be really cheap to get and a better starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
            Chevettes can be had for $150 in good condition and $50 in halfway decent condition.

-MR
            UHHH OH someone caught on to soultrons idea but really if you're considering doing a drivetrain swap it would be better to keep the mirage as your daily and go around town and see what cheap rwd car you can find, this way when you break things on your drift car you can still get to work/school whichever it is you need to get to.

Comment

I've wanted to rock a chevette for a long time, but haven't been able to find one.

-MR

Comment

che-what?
                who would want a crappy car like that?

(reverse psyhcology)

Comment

Working...
                X