S13 rear 5-lug conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 rear 5-lug conversion

I got the whole rear assembly from a skyline gts-t and want to put it on my silvia(S13). I know it will bolt up, but the e-brake cables are different. Can i use the skyline e-brake cable or do i got to buy the 100 dollar extension for the 13 cable?

the best solution is a pair of cables of a c34 laurel they fit straight on and are the perfect length.

Comment

wow, i never would have known that if a new zealander hadn't shown up, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by drftn13
        the best solution is a pair of cables of a c34 laurel they fit straight on and are the perfect length.
        I wouldnt have known THAT, but I thought the R32 cables worked, if he still has access to those, it'd be easier than sourcing, c34 parts.

Comment

r32 cables are too short but can be used if you dont use the 10mm bracket that holds the cable to the subframe, then you can run it straighter.
          we cant do it here because of our stupid wof checks every 6 months.

NEW ZEALAND has a wicked drift scene, pretty much no illegal drift all track based, main problem is its all high speed race tracks, so a bit harder for the new guys to get a hang of due to the entry speeds needed,on all but one track 140kph(not sure what that is in mph) is needed to link the set corners.
          just wish we had some biiig carparks like you guys have over there.

Comment

thanks for the replies. I can get R32 e-brake cables easy, and C34 cables will be really hard to get, so im gonna try the R32 cable. If i understood you right, then i can use the 32 cable if i take of the the 10mm mount that holds the cable up right? Then the 32 cable should be able to run straight across and have enough length?

Comment

do you not get the c34 over there??
              over here they are as common as mud.
              in our yard at the mo we have 6

Comment

Good, send me an e-brake cable from a C34. lol j/k. Over here, newer cars are rarely seen in junkyards, and when they are they be pricey. I can get a 32 e-brake line for free cuz my friend had to junk his.

Comment

oh ok, some times i forget the rest of the world doesnt get all the cars we do

c34 is one of the older models we stock, s13 is the oldest but we only have 1, and thats to keep my car going when i need parts

Comment

i think u should try using the skyline cable like u were talkin bout cause that is cheap and i know ur *Censored**Censored**Censored* is poor, so u cant buy the one at sanjo's for a very very long time! oh ya whenever u plan on doin this i'll help u out, we should try next weekend or somethin

Comment

Working...
                    X