SR flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR flywheel

i have a quick question: is the fly wheel and clutch transferrable between the ka24de and the sr20det? im just wondering, cause that would be suer fly and mean that i can use my lightweight flywheel off of my ka when i do my sr swap.....

thanks a bunch

if i remember correctly, they are not the same, neither the clutch or the flywheel. Best bet is the sell the KA flywheel and buy one for the SR. I could be wrong as I remember someone using JUN flywheels on the KA, unless JUN really made a KA specific flywheel.

Comment

flywheels are different, but you can use KA tranny on Sr motor, Sr tranny on KA motor.

Comment

you have to change the bellhousing to interchange the transmissions, they have differnet bell housing bolt patterns. I have yet to hear of anyone swapping bellhousings since I think the transmissions are one piece. basically it wont happen, you need the sr tranny for the sr.

Comment

back when you couldn't get entire SR clips, or motors sets, we were using KA trannies.

...and SR20DE distributor setups. (That's beside the point though)

Comment

sr flywheels are 8 bolt
            ka flywheels are 6 bolt

they are not interchangable and it doesn't matter if you change the bellhousing, since the bolt pattern is on the crankshaft. The clutches that are interchangable between the sr is with the maxima. the clutch discs are the same and is a common thing that many companies use for their "sr" kits on the North America side.

Comment

we were talking about the transmissions, not the flywheels. I didn't know that the transmission just bolted on, I guess all those stories of swapping the bellhousings were all false then. I do know about the maxima clutch though, they used those on the SSC S13. Then the made a custom flywheel to accept the 300zx clutch because the maxima couldnt hold the power.

Comment

cool, thanks guys. i have already picked a flywheel for the sr, im going to use a techno pro spirit lightweight flywheel and radiator.

i have heard of putting rb trannies on sr's by cutting the bell housing off the sr tranny and welding it onto the rb tranny, but never ka/sr swaps

Comment

7 LB. flywheel in a SR = fun

Comment

The engines do have different bell housing bolt patterns and they don't just swap over without some work. A friend of mine killed his SR trans and I helped him swap over the front case/bell housing to a KA transmission - easy to do, just make sure the input shaft is shimmed right so the bearing runnout isn't excessive. In our case, no shimming was needed and the housings swapped over with no aditional work.

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                      who makes that and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid

you better be a lightning fast shifter

Comment

i thought you had to swap bellhousings, can anyone else confirm this, because now we have 2 different answers.

Comment

if you're using the ka tranny on the sr, you must change the bellhousings to use the sr bellhousing

Comment

Working...
                            X