ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suspension Tuning/Chassis Modification (BOOK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Tuning/Chassis Modification (BOOK)

How to Make Your Car Handle (TECH BOOK)
    Attached Files

content
    Attached Files

Comment

more
      Attached Files

Comment

will drifting.com be selling this book. Or should I just look elsewhere.

Comment

Good book, but it is dated. Amazon and the other online book stores should have it.

Comment

other reccomendations

Auto Math by John Lawlor
            $7 used at Amazon.com
            Attached Files

Comment

Chassis Engineering by Herb Adams
              $12 used at Amazon.com
              Attached Files

Comment

Going Faster by Danny Sullivan (Skip Barber Racing School instructor)
                $20 at Amazon.com
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mranlet; 05-11-2004, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Performance Handling by Don Alexander
                  $20 at Ebay - a bit dated for modern tire technology, but the concepts and troubleshooting remains true
                  Attached Files

Comment

for all the people who say those books are old, jus remember your car's are that old too...

Comment

That's true, but in some areas the knnowledge is dated as well. Subjects like Tire Tech and Turbos are constantly changing, so when they talk about such things as turbo lag (which is virtually non-existent compared to turbos 10 years ago) the information isn't nescessarily relevant anymore...

ALSO:
                      Don Alexander has a revised and up-to-date version of "Performance Handling" entitled "High Performance Handling Handbook" - it has a red Prelude on the coverand is only $18 at Borders books, $13+shipping at Amazon.com and $27.24 at Amazon when purchased with "How To Make Your Car Handle"!

-MR
                      Last edited by mranlet; 05-18-2004, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I own quite a few, How to Make Your Car handle, thumbs up from me.

Chassis Engineering - I dont give a fvck what adams' credentials are, the book is not worth a tenth of what I paid. Other books on the market cover most of the same shixt and are much more detailed, accurate and useful.

Comment

Wow, that's rough - not worth $1.20...

I think it's pretty good when you get involved in more complicated suspensions, stiffening the frame, or building a ground-up race car!

-MR

Comment

that chassis engineering book is DOPE!! but it's probably beyond the ability of most people due to it's technical aspect (math, physics).

but, I think it's worth reading even if someone didn't understand all the information, it's still filled with a ton of great data.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                              for all the people who say those books are old, jus remember your car's are that old too...
                              i win the oldest car award i bet, mines a 72

Comment

Working...
                              X