Supra trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supra trans

does anyone know if Toyota has a 5 spd automatic for the 2jz (ie from lexus IS300 or toyota altezza) ? cuz i have a freind he owns a 4spd auto for his supra. also what's the difficulty level for installing an auto to manual transmission swap? i appreciate some input on this. thanx

Re: Supra trans

Originally posted by Ripper
    does anyone know if Toyota has a 5 spd automatic for the 2jz (ie from lexus IS300 or toyota altezza) ? cuz i have a freind he owns a 4spd auto for his supra. also what's the difficulty level for installing an auto to manual transmission swap? i appreciate some input on this. thanx
    Toyota does have a 5spd auto, but I'm not sure it currently has a bellhousing to bolt to a JZ block. I believe it is on the newer SC400 or 430.

As for manual conversions, if a manual option was available for your year, the swap is pretty easy -- aside from bolting in the pedals and master cylinder, its like a simple clutch job. You would probably want a donor car to get the lower transmission brackets, the rear transmission mount, the driveshaft, the clutch fork, dust covers, and all the little odds/ends that need to be swapped over.

If there never was a manual transmission for your car, you may be looking at a custom bellhousing, custom driveshaft, some minor fabrication work to install the pedals, and perhaps some modification to your stock shifter hole.

Comment

aww thanx

Comment

Working...
      X