Serious Swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Swap question

hey guys i have a serious engine swap question, im set on installing an rb26dett into a 240, and ive sent numerous emails to various places, and so far my average is about $7500 for a diy kit with everything i need. If you kno any place where i can do this cheaper please share the info. i was wondering if anyone had anymore information about this swap, like a tech writeup or build of some sort or 240s with rb26s installed, im very curious about what others have done and it may help ease my installation a lot. any info plese post thanks alot guys

p.s. i live in jersey, so any of you tri state big wig mechanics, u think you can lend me hand thanks alot

Wayne

The only 240's (180's) i know that have a RB26dett are all in japan. Goodluck, but i do belive its going to cost lots of $$$ u better be prepared, but it shud rip when its done.

Comment

I've seen it done before, i have a pic, but i dont know how helpful it will be let me dig it up.

Comment

ya its cool, ive heard of a few in japan, no pics any pics would be great or write ups, any info or pics whatsoever would be awesome, and ill make sure when im done with mine ill post hunderds of pics, twin turbo 2600lb car ahh sounds like an fd ahaaha but it should be pretty sick when its done i just need all the help i can get thanks alot guys

Comment

Mckinney Motorsports in San Diego has successfully stuffed many RB's in 240's, the price they charge justifies for all the R&D if you want to find something cheaper, obviously its going to be a problem.......$7500 bucks is a lot of money, but how are you going to find anything cheaper? What if it cost $7000 will you do it???? common now, don't let price dictate what you want, pay for the quality and service, don't skimp and get some 4/5 of what you want. Better yet, you can get a SR swap here in california for $3K, upgrade turbo, injectors, ecu, FMIC, and still have money for a set of coilovers.

If you want it done, have your vehicle shipped with some freight company for about $1000, then fly yourself here with a buddy in 2-3 weeks and drive the car back to Jersey........ OR if that 240 is drivable, make a nice roadtrip to cali, rent some motel for $50bucks a night in LA, take the bus and visit all of what cali has to offer, when your pimp ride is done, then you can drive it back.

If you are complaining about $7500 then you definitely will complain about wheel, tires, Brakes, Suspension, LSD, bucket seats and whatever mods you wanna do. Talk about ripping, yeah the driveshaft will get ripped in half, look at the pix.

Comment

Clearance issues,watch out for those,especially with the RB26DETT.There's a few with the RB25,as you know,it's even more of a problem with the RB26.

SCC dropped in an RB25DET,they have a write-up and quite a few pics.It's not an RB26,but it still should be useful to a degree.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0309scc_hybrid/

Comment

Check out www.underground-motorsports.com they are in the process of swaping in a RB26 into a S14. HCI is covering the swap in their mag.
              Last edited by soarer,chaser; 05-12-2004, 02:38 PM.

Comment

That link is dead soarer chaser.

My pics are too big to attach. I am going to have to find someplace to host them first and use the img code. look for them later.

Comment

Fixed it.

Comment

just come to mexico. we have a lot of garages , soory a lot of guys if you invite a tkt to they, they can install or desinstall a rb even a skyline motor in a vw bug

Comment

wow, a rb26 in a bug...is the bug chasis strong enough to handle the torque?

Comment

Power and torque dont do a whole lot to VW chassis. They are driven by a transaxle with minimal mounting points that push a pan, not much to get bent outta shape.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
                          Power and torque dont do a whole lot to VW chassis. They are driven by a transaxle with minimal mounting points that push a pan, not much to get bent outta shape.
                          \

A better question would be, will the inline 6 FIT in a bug chassis?

And of course if you did put one in there i hope its attached by slightly more then a stock motor mount. lol..

Edited for my normal idiotic typing
                          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-13-2004, 12:49 PM.

Comment

ah see

Comment

nah i wasnt complaining at all actually, i kno you get what u paid for, all i was saying is that i got a price quote for 7500 from mckinny for the diy kit which comes wiht motor harness etc etc, and i was trying to learn all i can or possibly get connected with some people who have done it or see pictures so i dont waste 7500 dollars and end up with an ugly job

p.s. any mechanics you guys kno of who have done this or have a freind whos done this or just want to send tech tips, send me an email BlueDragon871@hotmail.com

thanks for all the info guys, p.s. any one wanna lend a hand email me, the project will be beginning this summer, and i can possibly come to you or u can come to me.

p.s.s the 7500 is for the do it yourself kit, if i want mckinny to even attemt the swap it will be another 2500 dollars, but i will most likely let them do it since they are experts, or if i cant get some help from some of you cool tech guys. sorry for the long post

Wayne

Comment

Working...
                              X