93 rx7 HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 rx7 HELP

hi guys....well ive been looking around seing what car i want. and i found that i want a factory turbo charged car so i dont have to deal with legal issues here in california....and i want an rx7 the 93 to be exact.....and welll i just whated to know what i should watch out for on rotary wise....like what are the weakness of that type of engine....and i also heard that it takes a crap on you like evry 60k....? is that true?

yes it usually is true you will get some exceptions... but u will have to be careful after these miles... Usually u should get a rebuild around this time so ur not having to tow your car over to the shop.... I just bought a '93 and in the process of rebuilding the whole car, it was in an engine fire, which was probably caused by (I forgot the name of the part fuel pulsation dampener). They are nice cars but you're gonna have to be on top of everything. You cannot let things side like you would with other cars even oil changes should be done a little eariler than normal.. They are kinda like super hot girlfriends.... They are high maintainence but when treated right they will give you a mighty fine ride!!
    Last edited by GoukiS14; 05-15-2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

well said SUPER HOT GIRLFRIENDS

Comment

Re: 93 rx7 HELP

Originally posted by _gerd_
        hi guys....well ive been looking around seing what car i want. and i found that i want a factory turbo charged car so i dont have to deal with legal issues here in california....and i want an rx7 the 93 to be exact.....and welll i just whated to know what i should watch out for on rotary wise....like what are the weakness of that type of engine....and i also heard that it takes a crap on you like evry 60k....? is that true?
        Is this going to be your first car ever? If so, I personally don't think an FD is a good first car to have unless you've researched on FDs and all there weaknesses, ect... before getting a high maintenance vehicle like the FD.

Comment

nah bro this isnt my first car....but it is my first rotaries....ive have a few hondas that i mildly built and turbo'd but not much.....

Comment

Hondas=cars that can take a beating.Don't try that with a rotary.Well,here are some things to look out for while buying an FD,I'm too lazy to type it all,so I'll use this link.Now this is a good site I recommend reading.Make sure you have a turbo timer installed asap,it could save your car if something goes wrong and your car starts to boost more.Also,a fire extingusher might be a nice add-on (not trying to scare you,but FD's run hot,if you have a fuel problem,your at a higher-risk of it catching).Make sure to remap fuel after making upgrades to the engine (internal/external).Even something as small as an intercooler upgrade could cause you to lean out,creating detonation aka I just blew my motor up.Good luck.

Comment

very helpfull site

Comment

wow that site is the ish...maybe I should send him info on a abs removal... had to do it on mine since the abs was toasted....

Comment

Here's a thread about the same thing

what to look for when buying an FD

Comment

Working...
                  X