drift clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drift clutch?

Just wondering, is there a specfic type of clutch thats better for drifting then others?

clutches are often choosen by how much the engine hp is

Comment

yea, it really depends what you want too. If you run a stock/aftermarket replacement, it will be nice to drive everyday, but it will suck when you start drifting and it starts slipping. Then again, a six puck clutch will be awsome for drifting because when you drop it, you will have immediate response to when you clutch kick and your rear end breaks loose, but daily driving will suck, and your left leg will get real buff. I never had a problem with a stock clutch for a while, but if I would drift for more than 5 or so minutes at a time it would start to overheat and slip.

Comment

A racing clutch wont necessarily suck for daily driving. For instance, I've got a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch on my car. The pedal pressures is really light but the thing grabs like a mofo. It's not that uncomfortable to drive with at all, the only thing is sometimes it chatters in first gear.

Comment

im not talking all clutches, i went to each extreme. I know a guy who has a six puck in his hachi, he doesn't like traffic from what I hear. If you have a upgraded street/strip clutch, generally they arent that bad. But then, those will overheat way before the six puck will, and they dont grab as well either.

Comment

Working...
          X