LSD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD question

Whats the difference between 1.5 way and 2 way? Which is better for drifting?

when they say way they mean on teh gas and off the gas. A 1.5 way means it locks up when your on the gas and slips say 50% when your off the gas. A 2 way will lock up if your on the gas or off.

A lsd is made so that it will slip when your just driving around at the same speed, like parking lots and driving on the road. But you want it to lock up with any kind of performance driving. I personally like a 2 way that locks up quick. It is more concistant.
    BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

Well... considering Alex is a drifter, and a good one at that, I'd listen to him. *Edit* Ironic that you have "Newbie" under your name, Alex. We know you're anything but.

For a beginner, on the street, I'd recommend something a bit less hardcore than a 2-way. If you drive a 240, get the VLSD, then work your way up; but if you're driven to have a clutch-type LSD, go ahead and buy a 2-way. I've heard they chatter and are pretty hard to drive in the rain. There's a much greater learning curve to drive quickly smoothly with a 2-way.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        Well... considering Alex is a drifter, and a good one at that, I'd listen to him. *Edit* Ironic that you have "Newbie" under your name, Alex. We know you're anything but.

For a beginner, on the street, I'd recommend something a bit less hardcore than a 2-way. If you drive a 240, get the VLSD, then work your way up; but if you're driven to have a clutch-type LSD, go ahead and buy a 2-way. I've heard they chatter and are pretty hard to drive in the rain. There's a much greater learning curve to drive quickly smoothly with a 2-way.

Really? You would go with a Viscous? (sp?) over a torsen? Isnt the Torsen style units sposed to hold up better under drift conditions? And why would you want to work your way up? Wouldnt it be better to spend a little extra money so you dont burn it out a couple months down the road?

Oh by the way Hi.

Comment

Actually, a TORque SENsing differential is not a true limited-slip. It's better than open but I believe it does not transfer power as well as a good-condition viscous LSD. The Torsen is mechanical, and as thus it doesn't "burn out" like a viscous LSD would.

One should work one's way up because the jump from open to 2- or 1.5-way is incredible. Off power, the clutch-type LSDs tend to hate turning. The ease with which drifts are initiated is better, but it's still kind of hard to acclimatize. Search "2-way" or "1.5-way" on Zilvia.net and you'll get some first-hand reports.

Comment

FC LSD

Hey, I was wondering if any one has any suggestions on a 2-way LSD for an 88 RX7. I know the 89 and newer had one as an option, but I was wondering if that is a good one, or if there is a better one out there.

Comment

Working...
            X