Cant find CA18DET parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find CA18DET parts

Does anyone know any sites that sell parts for a CA18? I can't find any that are not from austrailia.

Help a brotha out, hook me up wit sum links!

Repair parts??? Pepboys, autozone, etc.

Comment

Try www.junauto.co.jp/processing/ca18/ or E-bay

Whats wrong with Australia? - it IS a foreign engine and not nearly as common as the famed SR, most of your parts are going to be overseas imports.

This may be a helpful threas as well:
      forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-43578.html

-MR
      Last edited by mranlet; 05-18-2004, 11:54 AM.

Comment

www.apexperformance.co.uk Your going to be getting 90% of your parts from Europe and Australia.

Comment

no, it is not a foreign engine, it came to the US in NXs, or whatever they are called, just in FWD format. The FWD block is the same as the RWD block, just different manifolds. You can get most repair parts from those cars. Look up the NICO forums, they have a forum just the CAs, they have a whole list of parts that cross over. It's actually easier to get repair parts for the CA than the RWD SR. Not performance parts though, if thats what you want, you're screwed.

Comment

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/fo...threadid=29573

check that link, some good stuff.

Comment

no, it is not a foreign engine, it came to the US in NXs
              very true but those were SOHC. but if they are like pretty much every other nissan motor that went from SOHC to DOHC than yes the block should be the same, but other than that i realy dont know.
              and another thing, if your looking for tune up stuff like water pump etc, take yours off and go to an autozone, pep boys whatever and ask for a water pump for a 91 200sx and compare the bolt pattern, thermostat and other crap liek that should be the same, this is just an idea, I HAVE NO HARD EVIDENCE, ive never compared the ca18e/t to the ca18det, but i have compared a ka24e and a ka24de, so this may or may not help, but thats just a lil advice, and as far as internals and what haveyou id say you would have to go over seas, but hey the CA might pick up popularity and start importing and making alot more parts, just keep an eye out

Comment

acctualy if you have gotten this far with out checking out that link scroll up and do so,

Comment

The Nissan Pulsar from 87-91, came with an optional twin cam CA18DE motor. If you are just looking for regular maintnence items, then you should have no problem finding them at your local parts store, but for performance mods, you are most likely to get items shipped from Australia, or Japan. Good luck the car.

Comment

yes, there were ca18de engines, the dohc minus the turbo, in the pulsars i guess. same block and important stuff as the DET RWD. The Sohc was a different engine, and the dohc head fits, but its missing a lot of important stuff, so it is in essence a different engine compared to the dohc in the pulsar. I remember reading stuff about head swapping because i wanted a ca for a long time but never went for it.

Comment

Thanks for the info, it helped a lot

Sry about the whole Austrailia thing, I just found out that most of the RWD CA's went there and to the UK.

Comment

It may be in the US in the Pulsar but for practical purposes it wasn't sent over here in large numbers (The G20 has an SR20DE in it, doesn't it?)

This point was only to say that the US market wasn't really a major concern when performance parts were being made...

-MR

Comment

Check out www.feast-power.com They have a built up S13 with the CA18DET in it, so you might be able to score some performance parts from them. L8R

Comment

the rwd and fwd sr engines are totally different beasts when it comes to sharing parts. From the water pumps to gaskets, and the block and head, most of the parts are different. Not so with the CA, most everything is the same, including the blocks and the heads, and lots of gaskets swap over too. Its replacement parts im talking about though, its much easier to find performance parts for the SR either fwd or rwd compared to the CA. All I can say about performance parts on the CA are what are going to be bolt on. I would suggest exhaust, fmic, bov, upgraded turbo (t25 bolt pattern), boost controller and the like. All of this stuff will work for any s13 no matter what engine you have. You may have to make your own ic piping though.

Comment

Working...
                            X