1992 ford explorer XLT (help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 ford explorer XLT (help)

ok i own a 1997 s14 k's aero but this aint about the car its my lil bro we cant get his explorer to turn on.
    .its been sitting for 7 months
    .has a full tank of gas from 7 months ago
    .cranks a turns on for 1 or 2 seconds
    .new battery added

thats it i cant think of anything that can be wrong with it because last time it was on it work just find.

im going to empty out the gas and add a fuel injector cleaner just for the heck of it. but i need help!

yes...get rid of that old gas...through time gas looses the chemical needed to run a car. 7 months should do it. syphon out all the gas and run an engine cleaner fluid through it. then put in new gas.

Comment

I know the problem, we had the same problem awhile back. Its a Ford!!!!!!

No really, try some fresh gas, look at the injectors, sprarkpulgs, you know, the basic stuff.

Comment

Haha, I second the Ford problem.

Yeah, gas can go bad. 7 months? Eh, maybe. I'm not sure how much you tried starting it, but it may take a little bit of effort if it's been sitting that long. Some fresh gas will definately help though.

Comment

yeah run it for a while to purge all that old gas from it. when i had my honda, before i put new gas in it, it would diesel after i shut off the car because the gas was so shitty. so yeah new gas and add cleaner.

Comment

if its been sitting for that long id reccomend an oil change new plugs and all that crap too.

Comment

Your gas may have turned sludgey in the injectors and rail (if you're unlucky). Worst case scenario, you may need to replace the injectors, but 7 months isn't that long. Try the new gas and see what happens.

-MR

Comment

if that doesnt work, it might be that someone hit the kill switch under the passenger dash. i had this happen to me once and it seems that all fords have it. i guess just in case u get in an accident it shuts the engine off. i forgot where it was exactly, but it's only a switch. that might be ur problem too, not sure.

Comment

Working...
                X