Octane Levels, Over 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emagdnim

you really don't need high octane if your not runing high compression. Comperssion is usally dictated by stroke and piston head desgin. The longer the stroke the more comperssion that takes place. Compression isn't the only thing that effects your octane requirement but it is certinly what effects it the most [/B]
    uhh who's lost?
    <---- this guy. but thx for the info. (not carsmart yet)

Comment

Around $1.02 per liter for 91 craptane.Seriously,why are they allowed to sell so low? And to think that 91 is the highest here on average,with 87 being the lowest ocatane sold out here.Everywhere else besides the west seems to sell nothing below 95,but they also pay nearly double(the trade off).

I've heard about the aviation fuel trick before.Mixing some av gas with pump.Never done,but I heard it the fuel reeks when it's being burnt off.

Comment

i know a high octane pump thats 103 octane in San Diego..... its near the navy base used for subs and military vechicles but u can also get ur car the same octane

Comment

Originally posted by SC_erritos
          uhh who's lost?
          <---- this guy. but thx for the info. (not carsmart yet)
          No problem, I'll explain . Stroke is the distance the piston travels up and down. When the piston is at the bottom of its stroke(the furtherest point from top dead center) it has pulled in all the gas and air into the combustion chamber and is about to start to move back up. Since the combustion chamber is air tight all the gas and oxygen gets compressed as the piston moves up. This is how comperession ratios are figured, say 10:1 compression means that before everything is compressed it will have 10 times the mass that it has when fully compressed.

Basicly a high comperssion engine needs high octane fuel in order to avoid detination.

Comment

thx 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by S13_Steve
              subs and military vechicles
              Which both run on Diesel

Comment

i put 103 in every week...cost me 4 bucks a litre tho

Comment

SC_erritos, there is a gastation in Orange county that sells race fuel. it is like 101 octane or something. its off El Toro, if u knwo where that is. i dont know the price anymore though cuz i moved out of that area. if u would like, i can find out where exactly it is and how much it is. just PM me or post back telling me u want to know. kudos

Comment

IS IT LIK E A 76? (if u know the address, that would be good..) thx.

Comment

there are ways to make your own homemade octane booster, search online. Its gotta me easier for most ppl to mix there own additives than trying to buy 110 fuel and mixing it all the time.
                      just run some net searches, i know the info is out there
                      I have 94 readily available if i needed it here in ohio and I dont even run a boosted car so i dont know the details for ya.
                      Last edited by AtroXR7; 05-26-2004, 09:25 PM.

Comment

go to your lcal flying club with a 4 litre tank and say your filling up your crop sprayer you cant have more than 4 litres otherwise you need a hazard liscence

try get hold of triptane about 130octane

what ECU are you running JAP ECU are made to handle 96 in japan but any ore on Nissans require re tunning or replacment

but its your call

Comment

130? damn thats high. i think a bit too high. hehe.

we get 92 here. and theres one station that has 100.

Comment

The Answer is simple..... paint thinner, I mean Toulene. I've used it for years. It's good for a couple of more points.

Check this article

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/audi/toluene.html

Comment

Toulene, thats what i was thinking about when I made my post. couldnt remember the word since ive never done it.

Comment

I read about that toluene in High Performance Imports . It is a really good Australian magazine. They mixed up some fuel for a Skyline using that Toluene stuff. You can get it at paint supply stores.

Comment

Working...
                                X