Falken Azeni's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken Azeni's?

Is anybody running Azeni's on thier drift setup? If so how do they work out for you?
    I know they have a tendency to get "oily" when hot, I just dont know if it would be a hinderence for drifting or not.

Any info?

im on my second set of azenis now! they are not R compounds, ive never had an Oiley situation and i drive on them pretty hard more gripping than drifting but they are very slick in the rain,

ill be buyin another set after these, you might have a better time sliding on these w/ tourqe from turbo v.s. me, i lack tourqe and have to make up w/ wieght slangin!!

Comment

The Azenis just WONT LET GO OF THE ROAD!! I love them!!!!

Comment

Falken make good tires...Azeni's or Ziex both are good IMO...i'm hopin to get a set of Azeni's in a few monthes...

Comment

i run azenis on my 94 miata for autoxing, in 195/50/14 IIRC on stock aluminum wheels and have noticed the same "greasiness" or "oiliness" however this is generally only a problem when the tire pressure is too high or they are very hot. It happens occasionally near the end of hard runs where you end up oversteering hard or just plain scrubbing hard. Although they lose grip drastically, they are still just as predictable as when in good condition.

Little story- two weeks ago at an autox, i came into a turn way too hot and braked hard. the rear came out, and i felt my only option was to countersteer and get back in the throttle. it worked, kept me on the track and kept my speed up, but the next corner was very close, and was in the other direction. I realized that i did not have sufficient time to bring the back end into line before the turn in point at the next corner. In desperation, i held the drift from the first corner and flicked it to drift through the next corner at full throttle at speed. It was my first experience with drifting linked corners at high speed and was absolutely intoxicating.

needless to say, after sliding through those two corners, the rear tires were of no use as far as grip went for the rest of the run.

I actually have this on in-car video, but i need to edit it to make it of a manageable size.

ANYWAY! yeah, i think that they would make decent drifting tires because of their predictability in breakaway. However, i believe that they are much more difficult to initiate a drift with than street tires for obvious reasons.

Comment

Word, anyone just starting out should just get a pair of JYD tires.

Comment

oversteering hard or just plain scrubbing hard.
              i also get alot of understeer i thought it was do to the fm springs on the billstien struts...........fm said the purch's are diff from the agx's they tested on so my rear spring are not compressing all the way making my front end stiffer leading to understeer but now that you mention it i guess its probably the tires!!

Comment

i just got these tires last week and these tires kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*. well for grip at least. you have to be trying pretty hard to break the backend out. i dont think they would be good for drifting, mabey as fronts but not rears.

Comment

Grippy as heck, but lasted 5k miles on my 2700lb car. Very progressive, slide very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
                    Grippy as heck, but lasted 5k miles on my 2700lb car. Very progressive, slide very nicely.
                    5k miles? how were you driving on them? i guess sense you said they slide nice that explains some of it.

Comment

stayed tuned, next generation azenis sport beginning 2005 whole lot more sizes too

Comment

Well... I don't drive that hard when I'm going straight. However, I drive hard enough in the twisties to stay up with FDs and S2000s.

Comment

Azenis Sport....It's a great tire for gripping (cheap too) on dry pavement. For drifting they would be okay, except that you better have power to keep them from regaining grip.

Everybody who uses them has a story about what happens when they hit standing water though. Usually in California we don't have to deal with it, but if I lived anywhere where it rains more than 3% of the time, I'd be leery.

Comment

Cant go wrong!!

( D_G )

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62
                              5k miles? how were you driving on them? i guess sense you said they slide nice that explains some of it.
                              I got less than that on my Miata, not drifting. They're great grip tires, all the way down to bald

Comment

Working...
                              X