Infiniti G20 vs. Nissan Silvia/240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infiniti G20 vs. Nissan Silvia/240

so this nissan silvia has stock turbo? if not then the G20 and silvia have the same engine codes. SR20DE w/ T. well anyway my question is : is it possible to swap the KA24 to the G20 and SR20 from the the infiniti to the nissan. supposedly if the nissan were a manual and the infiniti was a automatic, wouldn't you need a new tranny mound or something. also if th G20 is FWD the drivetrain layout would be different on both cars. anyone know of this swap/

its impossible because the fwd sr block is different than the rwd block. And the rwd transmission i dont think will bolt up to the fwd block. You have to get a rwd sr20 for a rwd car. And the sr20 in the G20 doesnt have a sr20det because the T stands for turbo, but maybe some came with turbo, but not many.

Comment

Originally posted by raging panda
      its impossible because the fwd sr block is different than the rwd block. And the rwd transmission i dont think will bolt up to the fwd block. You have to get a rwd sr20 for a rwd car. And the sr20 in the G20 doesnt have a sr20det because the T stands for turbo, but maybe some came with turbo, but not many.
      No g20 came with a turbo. Its the same car as the Sentra, the SeRs all ran the SR20DE, based off the Silvia engine, (same family of course) but as mentioned there is many differences on how it lines up. I know toyota guys sometimes go FWD to RWD. but no one does that with nissans. Now some of the B series chassis cars did come with fwd SR20DET turbo engines. but none sold in america.

Comment

Re: Infiniti G20 vs. Nissan Silvia/240

Originally posted by Ripper
        so this nissan silvia has stock turbo? if not then the G20 and silvia have the same engine codes. SR20DE w/ T. well anyway my question is : is it possible to swap the KA24 to the G20 and SR20 from the the infiniti to the nissan. supposedly if the nissan were a manual and the infiniti was a automatic, wouldn't you need a new tranny mound or something. also if th G20 is FWD the drivetrain layout would be different on both cars. anyone know of this swap/
        The G20 engine was from the GTI-R engine. FWD SR20. You might be able to swap the engine with custom FAB. But it is not the silvia engine. The intake and firing sequence of the GTI-R is reverse from the SILVIA SR20. plus the fuel mapping is wayy different.

see where the intake is.. imagine that being mounted to a 240. The intake will be pointing to the firewall.

Comment

even with custom fabbing parts to make the engine fit, you wont have a transmission to fit the block. I wasnt sure if any SR20 in america came with turbos, so i didnt want to say there wasnt and find out there was.

Fuel mapping and firing sequence wont have anything to do with the engine running the in 240 even if you made it fit as long as you use the fwd ecu. Plus, the G20 engine wasnt the same as the GTi-R. The gtir is a beefed up engine, some guys running a ton of boost making around 300hp on stock everything. Plus with ITB and I think they have oil piston squirters too. They have very little in common with the G20 engine.

Comment

when we did are swap we basicly were wanting to put a rwd motor in a FF car and it was are good old g20 primeria check it this should help
            G20 with the the heart of a beast.

Comment

ahhh thanx guys!

Comment

no problem and my names munky and also we had the car put in option magizine the guy you see in the front is posing is Lx if you live done in san diego he's the man to know he got conection everywhere and yes my that is my real name.

Comment

Working...
                X