FC na 2 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC na 2 turbo

I got an N/a FC and was thinking about turboing it, i know i would need the OEM turbo to do this then go aftermarket and was wondering, besides the OEM turbo, what other OEM T2 parts would i need to put into it to make it run turbo without any problems. Would i need the T2 tranny, etc, etc.
    thx

Youd need to do a lot of custom work, theres a write up of whats needed at rotary ressurection, http://www.rotaryresurrection.com/turboconversion.htm
    I wanted to do the same thing a while ago until I read that. It'll probably be easier just to swap a TII engine in it. No one makes a bolt on turbo for the FC's yet, but I heard one place was working on it but I dunno if they still are. Hope that helps

Comment

just go j spec

Comment

it would be easier to just buy a t2 but if want to, buy a t2 engine and put it in, u will need a t2 ecu as well, u can run a stock NA tranny, but a t2 tranny is prefered since they are hella strong.

Comment

if your switching in the T2 engine, do the tranny too, just less problems in the future. The NA trannies are the same as in the FB's and SA's, which are lighter cars than the FC's, with less power. Putting the same transmission from a lighter car with less power into a heavier car with more power can cause problems to begin with, dropping in an even stronger engine will make that much worse. My advice is go with the T2 tranny if your doing the whole engine. Possibly even the whole rear end while your at it, you gain an LSD in the process

Comment

Working...
          X