No announcement yet.

How do u make a car Back-Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you want to shoot flames? you need to do one of two things; one is get that kit everyone is talking about, its about 130 bucks. two is to tune up your engine a bit and get a powder coated staight through exaust. the heat wont dissapate much through it so the result is flames out the back of your car when you shift at high revs. but for god sakes position your muffler out past your bumper if your going to do any of this, unless you want to start melting body parts. as for backfiring, if you want your car to do that all you have to do is not take care of it very well.

by the way... wtf is this thread doing in the tech room? someone please move it the off topic where it belongs.
    Last edited by snowblind; 06-15-2004, 12:57 PM.

Comment

snowblind..

Mac: Hey Farva what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?
      Farva: You mean Shenanigans?
      Rabbit: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

i love that movie!

Who wants a moustache ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
        The rotaries are much more extravegant due to them running much more rich.
        RX-7's love to roast the tailpipes whether you like it or not.

Turbo cars are more prone to running rich for a temporary period of time(which is when you shift) Correct me if I'm wrong.That's why you see Skylines occasionally let out those flames.

Comment

i will give a simple and most likely wrong answer. the flames that shoot out is usually fuel that is not used. most cars with turbo chargers have.....B.O.V.s which are NOT used for people that actually use their cars as daily drivers with any common sense. actually there is a site with the explanation that might be a paragraph or two. www.streetracersonline.com it is a very nice site and watch getaway in stockholm!

Comment

answer

High RPMs and rev limiter (bump the revs about 5 grand higher) and no cat and a stright thru aftermarket exhaust

I just did some research on this because i wanted to know how it worked...

Comment

Cut your muffler off

Comment

Haha, that only works on my car!!!

By the way, if anyone's wondering, it's ni reference to the fact that my S14's exhaust hangers broke, dragging the muffler down the freeway, and trashing it, so we just cut the muffler off with a sawzall. Now, any time I bounce off the limiter, there is a backfire. (or, often, several!) I doubt it's good for the car, but it's indescribably cool!
                Last edited by Shin_Kudou; 06-18-2004, 12:53 AM.

Comment

As long as the cat is removed and with rich fuel it can happen.

Close it already!
                  Last edited by emission; 06-18-2004, 01:35 AM.

Comment

In a straight through exhaust with no cat i think you have to clutch kick right before you downshift and itll backfire, it does keep the turbo spooled but at a cost of your engine running slightly hotter. Itll keep the turbo spooled up as you downshift though. The black R32 did it in Initial D. Its not a system. Its all technique and a straight through exhaust.

Comment

Hmm.. I hope I'm not parked behind you if you do this. I have enough problems with bugs, now I have to deal with flames?? Seriously, turbo systems today are more sophisticated that you don't really need to use a anti-lag system like that. Besides, the hell it will cause on the engine is not worth it.

Comment

It doesnt really do that much on the engine. The only major thing it can do is melt the metal your exhaust is made out of and i think thats highly unlikely. And when your flying down the side of a mountain pass close to triple digit speed at some points you dont have time to use any of the other methods to keep the turbo spooled.

Comment

usually to do it you would want to rich your car out... no cat and a stronger exhaust cause you will make a whole if you have a POS thin wall exhaust... also to help it people advance there timing so that they can shoot out flame its hard on your turbo and bad for the matter... some car like the rx-7 do it cause they don't have a fuel cut its an ignition cut which when you hit the rev limiter it cuts off ignition, but fuel stills go in and when you get back on the throttle you get a spark cause a flame to go out your car... also if you really want you can switch from a fuel cut to a ignition with a module... most jap car nissan toyota honda run fuel cuts... hope that help people

Comment

i got this out of one of my fast fours mags
                            Attached Files

Comment

i had a starion and every time i boosted then let off it shot flames. i was also running just a downpipe off the turbo. HAHAH. it was tight. i remember driving on I-5 late at night and getting on it boosting then letting off and the whole road lit up with my flames! hahaha. it was hella cool. i'm a big old school hot rod fan and i LOVE flames. also i would SOOO install a flamethrower kit on ANY CAR i own just because flames are soooo damn cool. i'm not a ricer in any way, but i'm also not much of a drifter either. (i know how, i enjoy it, but i don't have a "drift car" as of right now. i spend more time drag racing and putting on sideshows)

Comment

Why do you want backfiring though?

I can understand the flames... That's cool stuff and very intimidating... Looks cool when you're going sideways also...

Anyways...

Matt.

Comment

Working...
                                X