S-AFC II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-AFC II question

What exactly is it and what does it do? I heard that if you put parts on your car that raise the emissions, that using an S-AFC II you can program in some settings to make it run regular, like if the parts werent actually there, and then you could pass emissions, and then once you pass, put in the other "race" settings and drive with all the gains from the illegal parts. Is that true, can you put illegal parts on your car and then using that make it seem as if those parts werent even there so you could trick the emissions people into passing you? if you could my problems are solved he he. I live in CA, hella high emission standards.

here's the explaination i got from apexi:The second-generation S-AFC is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphereblow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %.

with that said you can tune it to run lean when going to do emmissions so that you can pass.

Comment

one thing's for sure. take out the catalyic converter or even your whole exhaust system to gain horsepower (it'll be loud though)

Comment

my friend passed smog with his 400 hp FC cause of one of those :}

Comment

Working...
        X