SR20DET Ignition Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Ignition Problems

ok guys/gals heres my issue. I am going nuts trying to figure this out. I have put a red top in my 89 240sx. I have no spark. It turns over fine, has fuel, ignitor is good and ECU is good (tried them out on my friends red top SR powered s14). I have timed it and even got a diffrent CAS to replace the one that came with the clip-hopeing this was the issue-it wasnt. I replaced spark plugs and checked the wiring 5 times myself and have had three other friends look it over every thing seems good to go. i soldered all connections. and looked over all pins to make sure they are not bent or anything. I test the orange wire coming from the dash which is the ignition power it had 8-10 volts coming out but at the ignitor input nothing--so that makes me rule out the coil packs as the problem. i do not see any frayed wires and the ecu was tested on a friends car. I have looked at the wiring behind the battery tray there are only three wires that are suppose to be for the ignition (Black / Red & Blue / Red (Note: connect 2 wires to 1) ) and every thing seems ok. I would also assume that the Blue/red wire is the one that is pretty thick (cause I see two blue/red ones) wire like 12-14 guage and the black/red is like 16-18. Any one have any input? I have also check all grounds and even switched where they usually go and still nothing. I also took all tape and wire loom off of harness to verify there were no burnt wires or pinched wires or wires that were cut that i could not see--nothing found. checked to make sure all connectors are pushed and plugged in right. I am using the SR lower/transmission harness on the car as I have heard the harness is the same and the sensors are diffrent but all the snesors are for speed and I am ussing the japense cluster so I figured this is not where the problem lies either. Any one have any ideas--i am out of them. frankly I am stumped
    Last edited by grift; 06-01-2004, 12:45 AM.

so no one has had an issue like this?

Comment

oh well thanks i guess--i figured it out

Comment

What was it ?

Alex

Comment

Im having the Same exact problem im as stumped as you bro

Comment

Working...
          X