ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I fit aftermarket turbo on stock manifold if its too big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I fit aftermarket turbo on stock manifold if its too big?

So yea, I was looking at this turbo, the GT30 56 trim, and I like it a lot and I think thats the turbo Im going to get, one problem, noone makes a turbo kit for it, and if they do, I havent found one.

Sooooo my dilehma is finding a manifold that can fit my turbo to the engine, OR is it cheaper to get a mechanic to make me one?

Turbo specs:GT30

compressor specs: TO4S

TO4S: .70a/r

compressor wheel trim: 56 trim wheel

compressor flow: 55 LB/MIN

turbine specs:T3

.63 a/r

84 trim wheel

I live in CA and if anyone knows a good mechanic worthy of my money (hah) please let me know. Also, Id be more than happy to talk to some of you guys out here, so hit me up on AIM marleyskater420 and we can talk bout stuff and hopefully Ill pickup some knowledge at the same time.

Thanks.

How do I fit aftermarket turbo on stock manifold if its too big?
    For the most part, you don't. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, where you could machine the manifold to work, but pretty much you're going to need to have a manifold fabricated.

Comment

Well if your car is currently running a T3, then you can fit a T3/T4 hybrid on there. Best bet is to ask the Turbo Manufacturers themselves.

Comment

What motor is this on?

Maybe call autolink.
        BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

remember its not just about finding a manifold with a flange that matches that turbo but also finding an appropriate downpipe. one that has a flange that matches the turbo's turbine housing and that is shaped right to lead into the cars exhaust system.

are we talking about a car that was turbo stock or what?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
            What motor is this on?

Maybe call autolink.

Thanks For the Props Alex!

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
              For the most part, you don't. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, where you could machine the manifold to work, but pretty much you're going to need to have a manifold fabricated.
              I called a shop, and he is getting back to me on a new fabricated downpipe, I found a manifold that works though, but I need a new downpipe.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X