No announcement yet.

The barely coherent ramblings of a NJ Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the dgtrials event in tampa some people got to do ride alongs, but I don't know if that was just a promotional thing or not.
    Last edited by Ziptyed; 07-03-2004, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Mudduck: I was in Raleigh, no idea where in relation that is to Charlotte though. I'm down there occasionally (sp?) visiting my family, I'll have to try to hit up one of the race nights, swap meets own, but not as much as REAL salvage yards. (the ones around here suck, you have to be accompanied at all times) As for insurance, I finally found something halfway decent, 1700/yr, now I jsut need to find money for the down payment, after that, it's time to rock the stang, thanks bud.

Ziptyed: I finally got to a DG event last wednesday, at raceway park at least they don't let you for liability reasons or whatever. Not cool. The event was great, I sucked though, having gone for two days with no sleep I was loud and obnoxious as all hell. Oh well, hopefully Ill be better behaved this friday, lol.

Comment

dude once i get my fc running again i'll be down there all the time. just waiting for my rebuild kit to come in.

Comment

At E-town you're not allowed to stick your hand out of the car anymore either, but at least it's a place to run on a regular basis...

Anywhere that people can do ride alongs, they will happen - it's a good way to learn and is cool as hell as well.

-MR

Comment

Cool, good to know I'm not alone in the Mustang owners club, lolz. If your looking for a good LSD, I've heard the Auburn Pro and Torsen T2R would work well. Theres tons of parts for your car. I've seen some carbon fiber hoods also if your looking to go down that route too. My Cobra is a bit of a porker up front, so i'm planning to do the hood swap, battery relocate, swap out the seats and do the rear seat delete. But, this is gonna be a long process for me since thats all MONEY, of which I dont have a lot of =P Anyways, I'm up in NY, let me know when you find a good place to practice. I've been using abandoned parking lots and would like to meet other people around here whose interested.

Comment

damn, an 03 Cobra? Sick dude! Those are the blown ones, right? (I'm not to familiar with the 4th gen mustangs, all i really know are the supercharged cobras respond sickeningly well to bolt ons, and the 98+ looks better than the earlier models) As far as the LSD goes I just picked up a rebuilt stock unit + a set of 3.55 gears off ebay for $140(+25 shipping) I was looking into doing the aftermarket thing, but, money is a bit of a constraint right now seeing as I think I'm about to get thrown out of my friends house which has nice low rent, and probably won't really need to spring for something better unless the stock unit manages to somehow hold me back. (I'm tired, it took me three minutes to type that damned sentence...) I still haven't decided if I'm going to rip out the rear seats or not yet, seeing as that would mean even BIGGER perventage of the weight would be up front, but there's no real use for them since I'm going to be doing a six point cage which'll make them unusable and just about make up for their weight. As for the carbon fiber hoods, for the fox body at least the only company I've seen that manufactures them is APC (ugh ) which from what I'm told is just that a cheap knockoff.
              As far as practice spots go, my friend's mom owns an abandoned hotel somewhere in upstate NY which I wanna go take a look at if I ever get off my butt to do so. He said it has a pretty big paved area near it but isn't sure what condition it's in. If it looks ok that'd be great cuz I could do whatever I want and the popo couldn't touch me. If it looks good it'd be a pretty awesome place to practice amd wtuff. Of course, once I attain some semblance of skill I want to start hitting some DGtrials events and stuff.

PS I usually sound rather... simple when I post. i only manage to do it when I get home from work at about 8/9AM, so I'm not really in control of my meager mental facilities. Forgive the rambling.

-Kyle

Oh yeah, is the 4.6 motor made out of iron or aluminum like the LS1s?

Comment

Lolz, all good bro. Yeah, these came with the Eaton M112 S/C right out of the factory. Probably the reason why I got it, a factory S/C with factory warranty =P The GT's and Mach's have the aluminum block, but the Cobra's came with the Iron block. Some say because it handled the boost better and that the aluminum block couldn't take it. Others said it was a way to cut costs on the car. Thats a pretty good deal on the LSD you got. I'm planning to just upgrade mine as well (if I ever get cash for it) I've seen a lot of C/F hoods around for the fox bodies. I just cant remember where right now (brains a bit fried) Yeah, APC stuff isn't the greatest out there, its cheap, but not great. That would be great if your friends mom's hotel had a nice parking lot. If I had access to that, I'd prolly turn into a autox/drift session kinda place. I've been using the abandoned Macy's parking lot here, which is a pretty big open spaced lot but has some cracks in it so its not the smoothest place. I just got subframe connectors for my car so that should stiffen the chassis a lot. I heard these particular ones, made from Hans Racecraft, is over engineered and makes the handling improve like a Porsche =P SFC's would be a good way to go since roll cages cost a little bundle to get and install. Anyways, good to see a fellow stanger here. Hope the domestic drifting ups the ante soon.

Comment

Working...
                X