helmet room in a 240....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet room in a 240....

ok....ive heard and seen that there isnt much room for a helmet in a 240 (s-13s that i know of)even with racin seats.....so...how do u guys take care of this problem??....besides stickin ur head out the sun roof....thanks....

No problems here with hemlets. Depends on how tall you are though, I'm 5'5" and fit no problem in my sunroof-less 240

Comment

o ok...well does anyone have that problem??...and say ur height....

Comment

i want to know too.. i am 6 foot. though there is still a few inches above my head in the S13. in the stock seats.

Comment

I gained 2" head room space when switching from S14 OEM seats to S14 Nismo seats.

I'm 5'10", and in a car with no sunroof. There wasn't enough room.

Other options are the Skyline GT-R seats or super low bracket from Bride with Bride seats.

Comment

Yeah, I'm 6'2" with stock seatsin a S14, and I solve the problem by not wearing a helmet. My head hits the ceiling every once in a while anyway. So...no room.

Comment

heh, thats why i own a big cougar, Im pulling the extra weight, but i have all the leg room and head room i need. When i had a mohawk i started hitting the ceiling at about 4-5 inches and im 6'3" I was originally gonna buy a 2nd gen rx7, but my 96 has much more room, and pulls harder anyway.

Comment

6 ft tall and i dont have a problem in my s13.

Comment

Sitting in a proper driving position, there isn't much head room left in either S13 nor S14.

Comment

I'm 6' and exprience the same problems with head clearance in my 95 240...i'm opting for different seats and brackets sometime in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by SilviaLove
                      I'm 6' and exprience the same problems with head clearance in my 95 240...i'm opting for different seats and brackets sometime in the future.
                      well....heres the thing ive seen vids with a guy in a s13 with racin seats and still had no room for helmet....so.....i dont know......

watch the bele chele autox and watch for the guy in the 240 his heads out the sun roof.....
                      click here
                      Last edited by craziazzmofo66; 06-09-2004, 10:32 PM.

Comment

ever seen the original ford GT40, The yellow one I think had a driver that was like 6'4" and they put a roof bump on the car so he could drive it. Its a very visible bump too, almost Harry and the Henderson's sized.

Comment

I drive a FC and am 6'5 and can heal toe, and wear a helmet. It touches the roof with stock t2 seats, with aftermarket seats i should be able to gain another 2 inches.

Comment

I'm 6'9" and yes the S13 SUCKS! I am planning on getting the lowest profile seat I can, and making my own brackets to mount it directly to the floor. That should give me a few extra inches, but I doubt it will be enough once I throw on the helmet.

Comment

im 6'4 and when i rode in the signal 180 with tha helmet... i hadda tilt my head sideways most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X