Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

I was looking for new wheels for my 240. (I just have stock wheels now) I really dont know what to look for when it comes to buying wheels. The only things I had in mind were: they need to be good for drifting, fairly cheap, and 5 spoke solid color design. Any good name brands or anything? Links and comments greatly appreciated.

Oh and one more thing. The stock wheels have 4 lug nuts (I think like all 240s). I heard about having to get a converter or something to use 5 lug nut rims. Whats up with that?
    Last edited by JC; 06-08-2004, 08:03 PM.

4x114.3 Right?

For cheap, look into Rotas.

For Pimp, get some Watanabes
    Last edited by Tuner; 06-08-2004, 09:41 PM.

Comment

http://www.speedstar.co.jp/

You can order a lot of their wheels from tirerack.com, but for custom fitment, you can order through their direct importer: Eurosport in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Comment

Where in FL are you? You ought to hit up www.tamparacing.com and check out the for sale section. There's always zillions of parts for sale including wheels, and the drifting forum is full of very knowledgable people.

IMO, you want to get something cheap because you will most likely be damaging them either by hitting stuff or by popping tires and grinding the rim on the ground. Anything with the right offset is going to be satisfactory, as correct offset wheels for S13's can be tough to find.

Rotas are pretty good, and the speedstar wheels are nice as well. Basically anything through www.gpsports.com, www.tougefriends.com, or the www.mackinindustries.com "drift" spec wheels will be designed with drifting in mind.

If you can buy used, do it! There's no reason to spend $1000 on wheels that are going to get scratched or bent.

-MR

Comment

I checked out TR for sale stuff, but wasnt too sure about what to get. Plus, there isnt that much selection.

Im still in the dark about the 4 lug to 5 lug thing. I was wondering, because many wheels have 5 lugs.

Comment

The 5 lugs are conversions. You can buy GTO hubs for the front for around 400-450 to convert the front to 5 lug. The rears are mostly 300zx (I think) or s14 SE hubs you can get at a junkyard.
            Hope I helped you out.

Comment

For drifting get cheap and solid. I like Rota's Slipstream design.. Rota makes alot of cheap wheels. The slipstream will clear Z brakes with a spacer. availible in stock, 15 by 6.5 and 16 by 7. the onlything they dont have is a size bigger which would be nice, but for drifting, especially if your inexperienced you really dont need anything bigger.

PS: wantanabes are sick!

Comment

No, it's not like an online mall or Ebay or anything, but there's always new things being posted on TR.

Do you have any big brakes or wide coilovers or anything that you'd need to clear?

-MR

Comment

I have nothing to clear as of now. I think Im going to go with some Rotas. I went to the main distributors site (after a lot of looking on google) and see they dont have much variety. But, wheels are wheels and if they are cheap, I guess I cant complain.

mranlet - I know about TR (Im a member (use the same name)). But like I said before, not to much stuff.

Any good shops to buy Rotas from? The US distributor does not sell them directly.

Comment

www.wheeldude.com

Comment

Throw the wheels name into www.froogle.com and you should be able to find the best deal. I've seen Rota slipstream 16 inches go for 4 for 500 dollars shipped, with tires! they were cheap tires and it was only a special deal, i forget where, but thats a hell of a deal.

Comment

Thanks.

Greatly appreciate everyone's help.

Comment

http://www.takumiproject.com/

try here! nice selection of used jdm wheels.

Comment

Do you want light wheels,and what size do you want. How about some enkei RS5s,I don't know how many lugz they require.

Comment

I was planning on going with these:

http://store.racinglab.com/rotwheelsub13.html

Is +40mm offset bad? What is the offset on the stock 240 wheels?

Comment

Working...
                              X