No announcement yet.

Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+40 is ehhh... I'd get a spacer. I'm pretty sure S13s have either a +35 or +32 offset stock.

When it comes to wheels, you want the lightest wheel for your application. The Rota Slipstreams are quite light, (16x7:13.5lbs) and strong too. However, they're only available in 16x7 in 4x114.3. The lighter the wheel, the easier it is for the engine to get them rolling and the better the handling due to less unsprung weight. Higher unsprung weight is the enemy of handling. The Sub Zeros are light, too, at 14.5lbs for the 16x7. Visit Jaydm.com for a big selection of Rotas, along with prices. For drifting, though, I'd recommend a set of light 15s due to cheaper tire prices. They're out there... you just need to do some wheel weight research.

Comment

Sorry for all the questions I have been asking, but I just dont want to make a mistake when it come to this kind of money.

Whats the deal with spacers? Where to buy?

Comment

Here
        and here
        And here

Purpose: Widens track and pushes wheel farther from hub, increasing brake and suspension clearance.

Comment

Spacers are for looks they don't help you in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Drifter-ex
            Spacers are for looks they don't help you in performance.
            Not for performance, However they can help you clear larger brakes and spec ialized suspension equipment. As in the spacers on the Rota Slipstreams to clear Z brakes.

Comment

how much would a set of 16" rota slipstreams with tires run for?

Comment

Originally posted by GC8_Kei
                how much would a set of 16" rota slipstreams with tires run for?

Slipstreams at racinglab.com

All Rotas at racinglab.com

Get some cheap tires. I think they are better for drifting.

Comment

wrap those Rotas in some Kuhmos

Comment

Originally posted by 5Z S13
                    wrap those Rotas in some Kuhmos

uke: uke: uke:

Comment

There actually is a marginal performance gain from the use of spacers due to the increased track. I don't know how marginal, but a wide track usually equates to more stability. Stability is a useful trait while sliding sideways at 60+ mph.
                      Spacers could allow the usage of wider wheels and tires, which usually increases grip. (I say usually because there are instances where one can over-tire the car)

Comment

i think if youre going to driftd with'em then you shold just find some used rims. it'll be cheaper. just gotta find'em with a good offset. or you can get spacers

Comment

I think thats why the Rotas have gotten pretty popular with drifters, they arent anything special really, they dont come in huge sizes and they arent expensive or have a famous brand name so the show car guys dont want them, but damnit they come in the most wanted size among drifters for the S13 16X7 and they are cheap and light, and thats all drifters need!

Comment

Working...
                          X