This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto to 5 Speed

hey i dont know if people already post this but i am going to get a s14 auto and i want to change it to 5 speed. i read a couple of forms about changing a auto to 5 speed and just wandering if a sr20det tranny will fit the ka24de motor. also if anyone has done this tranny swap.

i dont want to spend too much $$, so any advice is good.

I can tell you right now the SR and KA transmissions are not interchangable. But if you change your tranny out now. then it will be easier to do it when you get your sr swap.. assuming thts what your planning

Comment

Actually they are.

You have to swap bell housing. Not a big deal. Many folks have done so.

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
        Actually they are.

You have to swap bell housing. Not a big deal. Many folks have done so.
        There would be little point to this. 95 percent of the time if you buy a SR20 you will receive a transmission with it. Unless he just has a SR tranny laying around and only a KA, and at that point you would need the bell housing. Might as well just buy a KA transmission they arent exactly expensive.

Comment

Well, you need to clarify that statement when you made it in the first place.

And for the record, they are interchangeable. Both have the same gearbox code.

And don't you want real information get passed around??

Comment

Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turb
            Well, you need to clarify that statement when you made it in the first place.

And for the record, they are interchangeable. Both have the same gearbox code.

And don't you want real information get passed around??
            He asked if they were interchangable, He didnt ask if it could be modified to fit. We all know anything can be modified to fit. Nor did he ask if the gear ratios were the same or not.

Comment

Yes, and I gave the correct information.

Comment

Working...
              X