(S13/S14/S15)SR20 vs. (G20/G20t)SR20 vs. (GTi-R)SR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (S13/S14/S15)SR20 vs. (G20/G20t)SR20 vs. (GTi-R)SR20

What are the differences between the SR20 found in the S13, 14, and 15 versus the SR20 found in the Infiniti G20 and G20t versus the SR20 found in the Pulsar GTi-R?

it would seem that besides being turbo or N/A that the motors SHOULD all be the same, but for some reason I don't think that's the case... anybody know?

-MR

i'm pretty sure the heads and blocks are different that would make everything else different too!

Comment

The Silvia engines are RWD and the GTi-R and G20 are FWD. The firing sequence is different and the ECU is different. Also the if you look at the manifold it's pointing the opposite way thn the Silvia engines.

Comment

Can the manifold be swapped? Do they bolt to the same transmissions? Are the ECU's interchangable?

If everything is different, why call them by the same name? Are at least the bottom ends the same?

Vosko what the hell are you doing posting other places besides DGtrials?

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
          Can the manifold be swapped? Do they bolt to the same transmissions? Are the ECU's interchangable?

If everything is different, why call them by the same name? Are at least the bottom ends the same?

Vosko what the hell are you doing posting other places besides DGtrials?

-MR
          Good question, which I do not have the answer to

I guess it could be interchanged. But there might be some internals that just differ from one to another. I dont know if the bolt pattern on the tranny would match with the gti-r and silvia tranny.

The intake mani. thats a good question too.

Comment

As long as the bolts and injectors match up, it doesn't matter whether it's coming from one side or the other.

If the trans's were interchangable, that would mean that to have an AWD G20t (ignoring all the suspension and frame changes), you'd just have to get the GTi-R trans and drive pieves rather than the whole engine and everything...

My mind is just turning....

-MR

Comment

Working...
            X