Which suspensions are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have.....

i just got sum TEIN NA there not avail in the states, they are built for autocross/drift and are very nice 16 way adjustable, but the best suspension is...Kei office the suspeion is crazy! its like porsche suspeion when u lift one wheel the rest of the wheels don't sag or drop down kinda like its reaching for the ground i have yet to see any other suspesion like that!

Comment

i dont understand what you said ^

btw im sure the silk roads are better then the tein flex everyone else with a z gets
      Last edited by hatebbobbarker; 07-20-2004, 09:57 PM.

Comment

hmm

the K's is kinda like... linked suspension in a way it doesn't hang down when its lifted or on a rack better or no? if not buy sum or drive sumones car its INSANE!

Comment

wel to bring this thread back, i have an i dea of what is good for drift. but what would you guys recomend for grip driving conditions?
          some i have in mind are the
          tein re/ra/rs
          endless b6 v6 SF
          kei office xt-a

Comment

There is no drift specific suspension parts. People might market their products to be "drift specific" but its just that, marketing. Any of these high end coilover systems mentioned should be more than enough for grip and/or drift. All that matters is what settings you need for each type of driving (grip or drift) and what capabilities (as far as adjustment) your suspension parts have. So if you plan to do both then you want a setup with a good ammount of adjustability.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
              There is no drift specific suspension parts. People might market their products to be "drift specific" but its just that, marketing. Any of these high end coilover systems mentioned should be more than enough for grip and/or drift. All that matters is what settings you need for each type of driving (grip or drift) and what capabilities (as far as adjustment) your suspension parts have. So if you plan to do both then you want a setup with a good ammount of adjustability.
              good man. gotta also take into consideration of the driver and their tire size and what tires.

its mostly on the driver though.

Comment

Each suspension is different and everyone will react differently to them. Ive seen lots of threads on various message boards that have people that do not like JICs, but i use them on my Corolla GTS and at the track, they are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Bustadouglass
                  I havent heard of the silkroads. Where are they from? Why are they so good?
                  Because they are the new ubberlete JDM tyte coilover to come over to the states w/ a cool name like "SILK" road. I dunno what the fuss over them is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteKids
                    Because they are the new ubberlete JDM tyte coilover to come over to the states w/ a cool name like "SILK" road. I dunno what the fuss over them is all about.

they are off the same assembly as kei office and gp sports from what im told. ive got some gp sports for a customer right now, they arent as nice as my Zeals but the gp sports GR-6 is still very nice. id assume same quality from silk road.

Comment

I'm running on Tein RS for my S13, for GRIP runs...it''s like she's on rails. For drift...slidehappy.

Comment

Those Silk Roads sound good to me....

(I don't own a car or have a license,and will have both in 6 months)

Comment

Tanabe Sustec Pro DD rocks my world...

Comment

heres an issue most people over see. most people arent ganna be on the track 24/7. ive driven in a drift car and its not fun on the street and trust me ur gf aint ganna like it either. what im saying is that some people have to keep inmind the fat that their cars are street/track not fully track. i mean id be stupid to run a 2k or more suspension on a bumpy street. itll just make it worse than better and before u know it u need it worked on. if ur making a straight track car then by all means go with a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* suspension itll be worth it but for all those who modify their cars one paycheck at a time and only have one car that gets the sideways and to the market then keep ur options open.

Comment

Does anyone know if spl is making coilovers for the s13 yet, I really like those but, they haven't made them for s13.

Comment

Silk roads rock for many reasons. Number one they can already be serviced in the us. They have camber adjustment on the shock bottom mounts. You can also adjust height from the bottom too. There 8 way adjustable and the best part they are inverted shocks in the front all this for 1400 just about 150 more the HE's which don't have nearly all the functions.

The only real drift spec coilovers i would say would be the DD's becuase they lock the piston down so you don't have any rebound mid drift other than that its all about valving and spring rates and seeing what works best for you.

I can tell you this if you don't have any drift skills some altra cool kei office alpha x or what not wont make a you a mad jdm tight drifter it wont help at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X