ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SR20DET Quick Response high power engine..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR20DET Quick Response high power engine..?

....... I have been doing some reasearch and from what I know.... THe stock Sr20 pulls somewhere around 220hp on a stock T25 Turbo.......... I saw on a thread some turbos that are good for the SR20......... One that Caught my eye was the GT T25 Ball bearing turbo because its a quick response turbo but its not as big and powerful as the opposed GT T28.......... I had also been looking around at stroker kits...... The APEX stroker kit I was looking into increases the displacement by .2 litres..... so then the engine would be an SR22............ I know lengthening the strokes would increase the displacement and increace power but from what I know you can also increase displacement by boring down the cylinders and replacing the pistons................ and SO to my quesion................ would it be a good Idea to put the stroker kit and bore down the cylinders?....... my reasoning for this is.... I want a quick response system, and from what I know I dont really need a high RPM because the SR20 maintains a good torque range somewhere around 6.500 rpms............. Help me

ricer dream...no you dont need any of that stuff.

Comment

What would you be building this motor for? Drag, drift, roadrace, touge?

Also, I think those stroker kits go for about 5 grand.

Comment

I want to build it for togue and drift because thats where the quick response wouild shine........... and the stroker kit I looked at , it was like 2-3k............

Comment

What other mods have you done to your car?

Also, if you're just getting into drifting you should put more of your time and energy into driving your car and getting a feel for it especially during oversteer conditions.

Comment

unless you can pull copius amounts of cash out of your butt, i would suggest not getting it. and even if you could i still dont see a reason you need it. i am pretty sure your driving skill level is not up to par to need the extra power and response and i think you should start with the basics first. but i could be wrong.

Comment

wow, that is a lot of money. are nissan parts hella expensive always? $2k for a stroker seems a bit much. thats like a whole new engine. or my whole car. hahaha.

Comment

So your saying...... I dont really need any of that stuff?..... staying at 220 is fine?........... I have 5 lug conversion , suspension and brakes.... and im riding on some advan super 2's... so I guess I can pull a wad of cash out of my *Censored**Censored**Censored* =)

Comment

HOw old are you? how long have you been driving (just basic driving) and what kind of racing experience have you done? Just wondering.

If you could answer those questions, we could get a good idea what you level of experience is.

Im thinking of an age and experience right now, but im not going to assume that.

Thanks.

Comment

Im just asking a simple tech question....... I just wondering......................... but ya I can see that you dotn need power for drifting but when I go togue........ I mean my goal is somewhere around 400hp................

Comment

none of these guys understand when you say "response".

dont get the stroker kit cause it will drop the response some. since you said youre going for response then boring it over will be better.

Comment

You may want to try out the KA24 with a turbo kit. You seems to want a large amount of power and decent response. A properly sized turbo on a KA may be the way to go. And its a hell of alot cheaper then stroking a SR. Also a SR stroker kit would give you a completely new near bullet proof bottom end But still starting with 2.4 liters is going to help you better, unless you have a specific reason for wantig a SR to stroke.

And nisan parts really arent that expensive, but rare japanese stroker kits for the SR that include a completely new bottom end is always expensive for these motors.

Comment

i'd go with trowing a GT 25 in there... that is a sweet turbo... i have wet dreams about it. since you have a really good motor to drive it... you can get one sized exactly right for your aplication and have basicly no lag and tons of power. and i don't know if you've ever driven a 400HP car, or even a 300HP one, but i have you have a really skilled right foot to control all that. i think when you get power like that (400HP) driving the car becomes more of an exercise in panic managment than enjoyable driving. oh, and superior driver skill and proper car balance will always beat out the superior powered cars... which is why you see RWD corollas beat AWD ABS R34s in the touge. and no its not from a cartoon.
                          Last edited by Boro86driver; 06-23-2004, 03:41 PM.

Comment

why do you need 400hp for "togue" or should i say the street? this still falls under ricer dream, but with a side of "i have too much money and dont know what to do with it"

Comment

well at least he upgraded the important stuff first. unless by suspension he means cut a coil out. or air bagged it

Comment

Working...
                              X