Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: 20 Valve?

Originally posted by prodigy
    Can someone tell me what the AE101 and the AE111 are, are they FF or FR, and are they still Corollas?
    They are front wheel drive corrollas.. Thus the difficulty of the swap.

Comment

They are both FF corollas. 90's JDM models, check out club4ag.com for more. There are alot of things you have to do to use them in a FR aplication.

Comment

Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
        They are both FF corollas. 90's JDM models, check out club4ag.com for more. There are alot of things you have to do to use them in a FR aplication.
        Well, yes and no. Since the block is esentially the same, alot of the stuff from the 86 will work with the 101/111. The problems are with the mounts, wiring, and the fitment of parts ment to sit latitudanely instead of longitudanely.

Also, quick question here. I am going to be swapping in the 4agze into my AE86. I should be able to use the SR5 tranny(T50?) with the 4agze motor, right? I heard from somewhere the flywheel bolts for the two are different(4 for 4age and 5 for 4agze)

Comment

Originally posted by Drk_drftr
          VW Golfs have 20 valves too
          VW and Audi's 1.8T motor is 20v. 3 intake, 2 exhaust plus boost. It actually came out back in 96 I think in the Audi's, then 3 years later with the VW's. Stage 3 1.8T's with bigger turbos put down better then 300 horse for not a lot of money.

Comment

yah 20v 4ages came from ae101 & ae111 levins & truenos. basically what would be called a corolla gts if they still sold um in the states. they have 5 valves per cyl. higher compression (i think 10.5:&11:1) and individual throttle bodys, along w/ some other stuff.

i think toyota may have adopted the 5 valve per cylinder idea from yamaha (the R1 has a 20 valve engine too), since toyota and yamaha have been "in bed" with eachother since the 70s or so.
            Last edited by bluballz; 06-24-2004, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X