Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car problem help

hello
    i got a 89 nissan 240sx fb and im still a beginner in learning to drive manual i know the basics thoe just inconsistent with first gear but my problem is this morning when i was going to practice i put the gear to neutrel and then started the car but it didnt start it didnt make any noise from the engine so can anyone help me nothing happens when is start the car could this be a battery problem sorry if this is a newby question i just dont know what to do the original owner my uncle is on vacation
    Last edited by CFran55; 06-27-2004, 10:30 AM.

any help please

Comment

its probably the battery. check your connections to the battery, make sure everything is connected and that your terminals haven't built up too much corrosion. you should try getting a jump start from someone and if that doesn't work you can go from there.

Comment

yea i got it i just jumped it and its running fine and i went practicing and i didnt stall wow im progessing lol thanks for your help i guess i just over reacted

Comment

iight so it happened again the battery is again drained car wont start anyone have any idea why it wont start please i just got a new battery please help

Comment

hrmm... you should get someone to check your alternator to see if it is charging. also check and make sure your not leaving anything on when you turn off and leave your car.

Comment

I had a similar problem. My car just wouldn't start sometimes, but if I jumped it, it would start. Had the entire ignition system checked out and it came up good. Still happened. Cleaned all the ignition connections. Still happened. Bought a new battery. Still happened. Finally a new starter took care of it even though the original one checked out ok.

Comment

Make sure theres water in the battery.

Comment

i dont know if this will hellp but when i was jumping it it didnt work like it wouldnt start up then my dad moved the jack on the red part i think its negative but he moved it a little and it started to work it only worked when we moved that around so im hoping its something with the batter nothing big i only got $200 thanks for all ur replys

Comment

...yea, that does help. First of all, the red is positive. There's a bad connection between the terminal and wire. Clean the terminal and get a new connector. It'll cost you about 9 bucks.

Comment

thank you so much i guess ill go down and get one of those connectors and see if this works ill see tommorow if it will start and if it doesnt ill try this thanks

Comment

hey, if just changing your terminals doesn't work, you might think of changing your battery cables themselves. when i bought my '90 240 a year back, i had the same problem, the whole + cable was corroded, and had troubles. after replacing it, things ran strong. after putting voltage stabilizer and ground kit, it ran even better. the +/- cables are 4 guage wires i think. hope this helps you out man

Comment

thanks for all the replys i dont know what to do thoe my parents dont want me to do anything to his car gotta wait till the end of summer and see if he is going to give it to me thanks ago for al the help ill try anything

Comment

hmm are your doors and turnk totally closed???

Comment

yea always i dont know why this is happening it just started last week and i make sure the doors is closed

Comment

Working...
                              X