Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, and I apologize.

Comment

Same here if I seemed harsh. It just gets frustrating sometimes when you have some 16-17 yo kid come up to you and say "awesome car, I want one of those.....is that a 4 or a V6?". Just makes you want to slap a "defective" sticker on them and walk away.
      but anyways, talk to those guys and get their ideas on what to do. The 13b without the twins is a pretty stable motor and I would get a TII if you can find one. Good luck with your search.
      Neal

Comment

I've started thinking about a 13b in an 86. I saw one some were and it kicked *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

I know were your coming from about the youngins(which I am)though, because I can't stand it when people at my school ask me stupid questions like how to pu a 2JZ in a 96 corolla.

Comment

2jz in a corolla laughs indeed alto of the kids up here seen way too much f2f and biker boys also. The rotary is a very good engine esp. the 3 rotor ones although I have never had one. I think you should get to know your car/engine and learn to appreciate the beauty as well as the flaws. I speak from exp. because I have an mk2 supra. when I first got it I hated the style comparered to my 3rd gen. after awhile I learned that my mk2 had many great things about it that I have learned make it a engineering masterpiece. I think this will be even more prevelent with your rotary. Now I think you've got the Idea so I won't go on but to say good luck and enjoy your car. The swap is going to seem more foolish once you are not intimadated by the car. Now if you had a rx8 I'd ring a diffrent tone because this car is still in development as far as I'm concerned.I've driven hundreds of them and they got well some bugs to say the least . sorry for the rant.....

Comment

im planning to swap out my 13bt when my motor gives out and swap for a 13bre. why not try this swap?

Comment

the details are in the mazda rx7 website lookup 13bre and you should find the site then browse around in there. Those guys deal with them more and shoul be able to let you know more about the enginges. Then use that knowledge to way out the concerns and come back here with your findings.Then we can them together as I am also looking them up right now to figure it out hop that helps a little

Comment

Re: FC swaps

Originally posted by Ziptyed
                  does anyone know of any swaps into an FC that have kits or that aren't that difficult besides V8's. Its just that I don't really understand rotaries and like pistons more, and also the FC.
                  Just don;t show up to any rotary or fc meets because I will hate on your pistons ,
                  U wont be cool j/k
                  Keep it rotary or if u want more displacement use 20b!!

Comment

Re: Re: FC swaps

Originally posted by JunpoweR
                    Just don;t show up to any rotary or fc meets because I will hate on your pistons ,
                    U wont be cool j/k
                    Keep it rotary or if u want more displacement use 20b!!
                    what he said

Comment

You this subject digs into the heart of any car lover , you see If you really like a car you learn to respect the beauty as well as the flaws as one great package. This is why many will flame you for wanting to change something the have come to love and in some cases worship. In their mind how could you change something that is so perfect. I'll use myself as an example...I love supras all of them, they are great cars. To me it's one of my favorite cars ever, now I was on a site called celica supra.com(which features1and2gen surpras). In this site there is a form about v8 swaps into 2nd gen supras. This used to p me o I hated the idea somone would go back on the six cylinder for a v8, why cahnge such a beautiful car. I can only imagine If someone said lets change the entire style of the engine of my car, let alone number of cylinders.
                      All that being said I would never "hate" on someone, I might clown their car a little. At the end of the day though, it's still their car. so we must learn to try and be patient. If you don't like the Idea like me then try and let him realize why you think it is foolish and hopefully he'll stay with the rotary. If he doesn't be mature and welcome him. One thing is sure kids have these crazy ideas all the time. But if he pulls it of you can rest assured he at least appreciates his car.

Comment

I do now have a deep respect for rotaries after learning more about them, But since I started this thread I bought an MK3 supra, which I will convert to 5 speed, but I may leave N/A. I like rotaries so much I was looking for information regarding a 13b-t swap because of it's light weight, and horsepower capabilities. I do think that I will just keep the engine stock, except for a metal head gasket, and a Trust dd exhaust, maybe get the ecu reprogrammed. The point is I was wrong, and after learning more about rotaries, I have come to really like them, for there feel and sound, and performance.

Comment

hey I'm happy you've seen the light. however I like your new car. Do you plan to turbo charge ot ? I can get you a t4 kit for a good price. If you think about turboing your car contact my friends site rabidchimp.com he can do a real good job for your car. good times-Larry

Comment

Working...
                          X