Help 91s13 Clutch Master/Slave Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help 91s13 Clutch Master/Slave Cylinder

went to bleed the clutch lines today and change a leaky slave cylinder. after repeated pumps and bottles of clutch fluid. i cannot get the pedal to pop back up. we used a compressor bleeder, and i think i may have too much air in the lines because after i pump the pedal i'll get some pressure but not enough to get it back to where it should be. my 2feezie wont shift and ofcourse i cannot drive her. Do i have to buy a new master cylinder, or a vaccume bleeder or both? how can i tell if the master cylinder is not functioning without dropping $100.
    I'm at a loss, not even my one-eyed mechanic buddy can help me, but he's an oldshcool hillbilly. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?? because i'm stuck.

Please help

AJB

Bleed it manually, sounds like you have lots of air in there.

Where you having problems prior to bleeding?

Comment

well after shifts the car would lag for a split second before getting up to speed, and sometimes i'd have to play with the shifter to get it in reverse. other than that it was cool.

Comment

If you were having trouble with reverse, it sounds like it might be your slave cylinder. Are you losing fluid? What color was it when you bled it? Were there chunks of stuff in the line?

Comment

no chunks luckily, but i just replaced the slave with a new one, because the old one was leaky. the fluid was a brownish clear color, it looked ok to me.
          Last edited by OH240SE; 07-06-2004, 09:43 PM.

Comment

altho there was some black junk sticking to the inside of the clutch fluid resivour *sp* that i wiped out.

Comment

Is there a way to tell if the Master Cylinder is not working properly, or do i have to shell out $100 and wait 2 days before i can get a replacement part?

Comment

clutch master is not $100 more like $50 goto your local autozone or whatever. your car is 14 years old around. hydraulics fail. if its not broken now it will probably fail soon

Comment

Originally posted by Vosko
                  clutch master is not $100 more like $50 goto your local autozone or whatever. your car is 14 years old around. hydraulics fail. if its not broken now it will probably fail soon
                  He may be fat but he speaks the truth

I heart you Vosko!

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
                    He may be fat but he speaks the truth

I heart you Vosko!

-MR

yup went to advanced auto parts and picked up a master for $26.95 and a manual vaccume pump for $30.00. now all that's left is installation

*grins*

thanks again for the info fellas.

AJB

Comment

You probably didn't bleed it properly. My guess is that you've still got the damper loop in place. You're supposed to bleed the damper loop first, then the slave. If you want, you can remove the damper loop altogether by disconnecting the hardline, bending it back a bit, and connecting it to your rubber hose. Now you've only got to bleed the slave.

Proper bleeding procedure:
                      Fill the clutch master. Have someone pump the clutch pedal about 10-12 times, hold the pedal down while the person at the bottom opens the valve and closes. Look for bubbles. Repeat until the bubbles are gone from the line.

Tip: Leave the slave bleeder open for a bit and let the master gravity bleed. When you see fluid come out the bleeder, tighten it down and go about the bleeding procedure above.

Comment

Good Looking out man, I appreciate the info.

Its all taken care of now.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X