gts-t rb20det to rb25det worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gts-t rb20det to rb25det worth it?

is it really worth swaping a RB20DET engine for a RB25DET in an 89 R32 GTS-t?

depends on what do you want to do with it.

Comment

If you can find an RB25DET, and it fits your purposes it may be worth it. One thing i would look out for when looking for RB25DET's is i have heard of some of them not coming with a ECU harness, and apperently theyr hard to find for the RB's.

Comment

well i don't wont to be a dyno queen i intend to use it as a streeter for the legal street drags / drift i can go to a day, and some people reackon i should up the anti i already got a T3 turbo kit (extractors, turbo and down pipe)for rb20/rb26 which it currently fitted to the R32 with an aftermarket ecu it dosen't really have a harness cos i rewired it cos all my sensores are mostly after market ones, i just wanna make me mind up before i start buy some serious internals

Comment

Wow were you drunk when you made the last post? I'm having a hard time figuring out what you're trying to say.

Look if your 20's built up, why not beef it more. The 25's cool but it'll be alot of work also and you're starting from square 1. Then again if you're looking for drag power, go 25, that'll give you more displacement to spool a bigger turbo and that'd be the way to go if you're looking for a dragger.

Comment

If the price of doing the swap and the time consumed is worth the reward, then go for it. IMO, the reward will be less than if you spend the same money fortifying the 2.0 and using the time to practice.

Conversely, a drift and drag car will be only mediocre at both, unless you're running AWD.

Are you running AWD?

-MR

Comment

yeah i was very sleepy when i rote that i'll try to decode it-

well i don't wont to be a dyno queen i intend to use it as a streeter for the legal street drags / drift i can go to a drift day, and some people reackon i should up the anti i already got a T3 turbo kit (extractors, turbo and down pipe)for rb20/rb26 with an aftermarket ecu (Wolf 3D) it dosen't really have a harness cos i rewired it to the harness that was in the kit which i love cos i got six coils (one for each spark plug) most my sensores are mostly after market ones which is currently fitted to the R32 with a GTR front bummper and intercooler and nismo side skirts, i just wanna make me mind up before i start buy some aftermarket internals

yeah thats all my mods besides clutch, supension and brakes

its rwd GTS-t

Comment

so wat im really asking would there be any really good power gains by swaping the RB20DET to a RB25DET?

Comment

Stock versus stock - no
                  Tuned versus tuned - more benefit with the more money spent.

I don't think it's fair to ask a question like that without considering the money involved. For the money and time it takes to do the swap you could build a nasty RB20, but if you have a RB25 in there then you're working with a better platform.

If you're just looking to get about 400 horse then keep the 20, if you are trying to make as much as possible and have planty of cash and time then go with the 25.

-MR

Comment

Working...
                  X