Battery relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery relocation

If I do get a Front mount intercooler do I have to relocate my battery?

Why not do it anyway? It'll help even out your weight distribution. Remember... put it as far back as possible on the passenger side.

Comment

Greetings Fellow Ohioan

yup, it should give u a better distribution. wut kind of car are u talking about doing this on? because it may be better to move it close to the rear wheel instead of as far back as possible. but the make/model of the car will determine that.

Comment

Good point... put it as far back as the wheelwell, but no further. Putting it farther back increases the polar moment of inertia and we don't want that.

Comment

It would be on an 1990 240 SX
          I mean....where could i find a battery relocation kit (if someone has one) and i dont really want to move it if i dont have to

Comment

ok, i'm familiar with the car. You dont necessairly HAVE to, but its always an option. You could look on e-bay see if they have anything, or you could go to the parts stores(Advanced AutoParts) and ask them what they think. Is ur car a coupe or a fastback? not that it really makes that much difference.

Comment

its a coupe hatchback

Comment

Summit racing has a battery relocation kit.

I was planning this for my S12 since i already have that 560lb VG30 in the front of my car why have that 40lb battery sitting at the far corner of my engine bay. im gonna put it where my back seat used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by bboyt3nsk
                  its a coupe hatchback

dude its either a coupe or a hatchback, not both...

do u have a trunk or not?

if not then u have urself a fastback, if so then u have the coupe.

Comment

didnt want to start another topis on this, but going along with battery location. Does it matter how high you put it. Like if you put it ontop of the wheel well in the back vrs. putting it next to the wheel well?

Comment

usually infront of the right rear wheel, unless ur driving a right side drive vehicle then u'd want it on the left side. put ur battery on the opposite side of ur steering wheel. u could put it ontop of the axel but i hear its better to be a little infront of ur wheel instead of a little behind. it all depends on how much space u have.

Comment

Originally posted by OH240SE
                        dude its either a coupe or a hatchback, not both...

do u have a trunk or not?

if not then u have urself a fastback, if so then u have the coupe.
                        dude coupe means 2 door so a fastback has 2 doors plus its a hatch so calling it a coupe hatchback isnt wrong on his part

Comment

Comment

I have heard that you should run a 1 guage back to the engine compartment. But should you also run a 1 gauge ground. I think you should run one to the existing terminal wires. Then ground a ground back by the battery.

Thanks for the info. Also on not sealed batterys do you need a air vent so that the battery gases dont build up inside the interior.

Comment

Working...
                            X