apex seals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apex seals.

who makes the most reliable 2mm apex seals for a N/A 13B? about how much will they cost me. i already know i would need 2mm because they can be reliable up until 9,000 rpms and i would never rev the engine that far.

You might want to ask this question at www.teamfc3s.org or www.rx7club.com

Comment

I would go with hurley, have heard nothing but good things about their 2 piece 2mm seals.

Comment

Or go with Rotary Aviation

Im going with 3mm apex seals from them and Hurley duplex sideseals and conner seals..

RB goodies ;

hardened stationary gears,aluminum side housings,,ECT

Comment

i thought you only use 3mm seals on crazy cars that are tuned to the point where you can barely drive them on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
            i thought you only use 3mm seals on crazy cars that are tuned to the point where you can barely drive them on the street.
            Well I will drive it on the Streets.=)
            with about 350+RWHP =)

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
              or the 2mm apex seal grooves have been worn too much and have to be machined for for 3mm.

Comment

yes flatlander is right also

people have diffrent reasons for upgrades..
                weather it be more power or the stock groves are worn too much
                it's just better no matter how u drive since it's thicker, it's stronger, so this means it will probably last longer.

using racing parts under the same driving style you have, the motor will last longer because the upgraded parts are stronger in construction and materials it's made of.

Like a high output motor has gobs of power so u only use about 20% of throttle were as a geo metro you probably use 90% of throttle to keep up with the faster car meaning youre using more power and wearing it out faster while the performance engine is working at 20% of its capacity..I'm sure the high performance engine working at 20% wil llast longer than a lower output motor at 90%.

Comment

atkins rotary makes great seals. They set pretty quickly after a rebuild. A guy i know makes 768hp on his Drag FD and uses stock mazda seals with a large street port. So 3mm arent always needed, it all comes down to tuning.

Comment

yeah. i know this guy who had a 300ZX and he sold it but now he has a geo storm! a big upgrade.....hahah geos are about as nice as for festivas.

Comment

3mm isnt needed but they will last longer and withstand higher heat and boost better no matter what people say.

Yes proper tuning is mandatory on high hp but also the parts work with the tuning I bet if that guy used 3mm he could probably squeese out 2-5 psi more..=)

Comment

Actually, it all boils down to preference. Some tuners swear on 2mm and some swear on 3mm. Some say 2mm will hold better boost and some say 3mm.

Depends on who you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                          Actually, it all boils down to preference. Some tuners swear on 2mm and some swear on 3mm. Some say 2mm will hold better boost and some say 3mm.

Depends on who you ask.
                          Honestly what do you think..
                          isnt something thicker stronger??

Physics and engineering
                          its a flat piece of metal so I guess Just depending on the materials used
                          But if its the same materials ill use 3mm
                          Last edited by JunpoweR; 08-19-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Hurleys are JUNK.
                            Atkins doesn't recommend high boost with their seals.
                            I stick with stock Mazda.

Comment

if you want the ultimate apex seal you could go with Ianetti apex seals.

Comment

Working...
                              X