Intercooler Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler Kit

Would a Greddy intercooler kit be good for entry level...Im not sure how much horsepower it can handle (for and sr20) My target range for my car is about 285...does anyone know of any intercooler kits that arent $700 and above that handle 300HP?
    or would my best bet be just to go with quality and cheaper (in price) Greddy intercooler kit?

Are you talking the gargantuan front mount?

If so, it's not good for "entry level" - if you biff a curb, pole, or even a cone at too high a speed, that FMIC will be toast and you will have lost $700.

If this money is to be spent on power, and specifically an intercooler, you can get a Starion piece or another unit for way less than the cost of a new Greddy/Trust piece. Say it costs you $100 to pick up a Starion FMIC, the money you save could go to doing a V-mount, forming the piping, upgrading your management, or something else like injectors, suspension, or seat time.

Do you already have the SR?

If so, (and here again, if this is money that you are POSITIVE that you want to spend on power, don;'t let me sway you) you would be better off with getting some suspension parts or saving for an LSD or paying for track time or something.

-MR

Comment

I dont think that most people understand how this stuff works. I am not bashing you but any intercooler can handle 700hp if it can hold the boost pressure. The only thing is can it cool that amount of air to prevent detonation. HP affects things like clutches and can affect things like pistons and rods.

All Im saying is that a stock sidemount can handle whatever HP if you are spraying nitrous, And have a N2O or CO2 sprayer on the intercooler.Can your motor handle 700hp is your fuel management up to that much. If your car tuned correctly. If not when you detonate it doesnt matter how big your intercooler is. Or any component for that matter.

Detonation kills all. Intercoolers prevent it. Bigger isnt always better. If you get a more efficient turbo it wont heat the air as much which means the intercooler doesnt have to work as hard.

There are intercoolers on ebay for like 250 that look awesome and more then good enough for up 15psi of boost. All you need is piping made.

Comment

Working...
      X