14x8 rims..what tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14x8 rims..what tires?

ok soo i got some 14x8 rims..think id be able to stretch some 195s on there?

i bet you could fit ones they make to fit on there...

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
      i bet you could fit ones they make to fit on there...
      that was the stupidest answer....

i think 195s might be a little thin over 8s, might work tho

Comment

Sumitomo HTR and falken ZE5xx are made in a 205 size. I think Azenis 195/60/14 might work. Just find some used tired and try stretching them on.

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
          that was the stupidest answer....

dude, you just made my day!

Comment

i think the yokohama avs es100's can fit on it if they got the size those are good tires

Comment

yea i geuss my smartass awnser didnt really get much done... but anywayz.. on this subject im a bit confused... i still dont understand what they mean when it says 195? is that a hard tire or thin or what? and why are 195's cheaper then any other?

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
                yea i geuss my smartass awnser didnt really get much done... but anywayz.. on this subject im a bit confused... i still dont understand what they mean when it says 195? is that a hard tire or thin or what? and why are 195's cheaper then any other?
                195 is the width.

Comment

okay for all those people who dont know let's say we have a 195/60/14 tire

195 is the width in millimeters which is about 6 inches.
                  60 is a percentage of the width used for sidewall. In this case it would be about 3.3 inches.
                  14 is obviously the rim size for inner diameter.

To put it into perspective a 205/60/13 would be about the same height as a 195/60/14. This is good in running two different size rims on the same car like I do sometimes.

You can stretch a tire to maybe half of it's sidewall size to fit a wider wheel. This is beneficial in that it makes the tires behave more predictably since you're not really rolling your sidewall. It's the same effect as if you bought a harder sidewall tire (which costs more).

It's also useful in running larger rims on low cars since you're reducing overall diameter of the tire. For an example check out all the VIP drift cars.

I'd bet a 195/75/14 would be great but I'm not sure which companies make them.

Comment

hmm..arrrite thanks..i guess imma have to go used tire shopping haha

Comment

thanks, they told us that in auto class... but i wasnt paying attention...(import magaizes occupied my time...)

Comment

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

Comment

FWIW i fitted 185/60/14's to an 8 inch rim... ,tight fit but thats what its all about isnt it

Comment

i have a sudden interest in this, (wantanbe 8 spokes are 14x8)...

you think you could cram some 205's on there?

Comment

I would spring for the 205's. You can fit 195, but that is really stretching the tire.

By the way, any of you guys realize how the car's characteristics change when you stretch a tire to the extreme like that?

Can't wait for you guys to find out.

Comment

Working...
                              X