3S-G swap into an AE86!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3S-G swap into an AE86!?

allright you tech heads lets see if one of you can figure this one out. A club K's 86 has a 3S-G in it and still has the FR layout in it! I cant figure out which tranny theyre using if you dont believe me check out the levin/ trueno hyper rev vol. 2 on page 52. I want to figure this out because i have an extra 86 chassis that needs a swap badly thank for the help or ideas guys

For those of you who dont know what a 3S-G is its the motor thats used in japan for the all wheel drive celica and the MR-2

I think there is or was a MR supra powerd 86 in the JGTC. But if your gonna do a awap like that you prolly gonna have to sawp rear axels and driveshaft if you wanna get high horsepower out the 3S-G. But im clueless about the tranny part though. Look for parts from the old RWD Celica.

Comment

maybe they've got a NA 3SG from an altezza and are using the altezza's tranny

Comment

they sell bell housing adapters, after that its just cutting and fabrication. stupid pointless swap unless your dragging

Comment

Originally posted by young gun
          they sell bell housing adapters, after that its just cutting and fabrication. stupid pointless swap unless your dragging
          3-SG only for drag? Isn't that a little biased? There are several engines faster than the 3-SGE or 3-SGTE, and they all have the potential to drift...Nonetheless, the 3-SGE/3-SGTE is an amazing engine. Some call it 2/3 of the 2-JZ. Moreover, the JGTC has classes of 300 to 500 hp races...Any engine can drag my friend...My advice to you is not to start flaming right away since you are a newbie after all...

3-SG ka?...Sugoi enjin aitsu da ze...

Comment

For all we know that could be a custom tranny. My guess though goes to the Celica All-Trac tranny. They use the 3S-GTE and have a longitudinal tranny. The rear end is probably also from the all-trac, the diff and the axles to the hubs. I'm not too familiar with the rear end off the All-Tracs but I'd assume there'd be a few modifications that would be needed and possibly a custom driveshaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
              maybe they've got a NA 3SG from an altezza and are using the altezza's tranny
              This guy got closer than any of you...If anyone objects, I like to hear it...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                This guy got closer than any of you...If anyone objects, I like to hear it...
                thats an option, but not what i was talking,
                the power gained is not enough to justify the swap, plus it causes ir-reversable damage to the chasis

Comment

Denso Sard Supras (as well as TOM's I believe) ran 3S-GTE's in the JGTC for a number of years with decent success.

No, the power gain isn't enough to justify a swap in stock form, but when the 4AG's power ceiling is around around 250 horse, the 3S-GTE can be made to crank out 500 with the same effort.

RWD trans from a IS200 would work, and there's a bell housing adapter for a Getrag 6-speed as well.

For all the 3S info, go here:
                  http://members.tripod.com/kaferjca0/3sgteinfo.htm

-MR

Comment

A lot of people do swaps to be different, how many people out there have done a swap like this!?

Comment

Working...
                    X