Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Brake Problems

Hello all.
    I'm new to drifting, and have just bought my first car. Its a 91 commodore vn, its RWD but its auto...
    The problem is my e-brake doesnt lock the back tyres. Infact it hardly slows the car down at all. Also it makes a clank sound when I engage it if Im traveling above 10 km/ph.

Also, what is the slowest entry speed possible for drifting?
    The car has no problem spinning the wheels but I think I need more weight transition to enduce the slide.

Finally, is 1300kg to heavy? they say light weight is ideal, but how heavy is a 'light weight car'?
    and can power overcome the problem of weight?

Thanks in advance.

Obviously in Oz , which makes it hard for most of the guys on this forum to even know what you'r talking about...

An auto is hard to handbrake( which is what we call E-Braking) as it is reasonably essential to disengage the drive to the rear wheels at the moment of pulling up the h/brake. This is why you need to dip the clutch on a manual.
    A Holden Commodore has a crap h/brake at the best of times and is really only designed as a park brake.
    if you are serious about it, install a hydraulic handbrake( illegal for the street) , or buy a manual..

Comment

could simply be in need of a service and tightining of the handbreak.

also is it a 8 or a 6? commadors are generaly heavy so yeah, may be an issue

Comment

thanks for the advice. I talked to few mechanics and it seems like a hydraulic e-brake is the way to go. they didnt say anything about it being illegal though.

note: its a v6.
        Last edited by Murray_Calavera; 07-14-2004, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X