power steering cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering cooler?

Does anyone on this board use a power steering cooler in there 240sx?.....I have heard that the stock setup can overheat after lots of drifting....especially in parking lots. Is this true, or is the stock power steering line setup fine. thanks for the help

i dont drive a 240, and i dont know that much about them. but i do know a lot of other vehicals do have power steering coolers from the factory. in fact you 240 might have one, or it may just have a really long pressure line that routes around the engine bay that will act as a cooler. im preaty sure you could add on a PS cooler, much like a auto trans cooler.

Comment

The PS lines are pretty long, it wouldn't be hard to put one in but there isn't one stock (that I know of).

I've never heard of this problem, but then again I'm sure that it happens. It's never a bad idea to add extra coolers anyway...

-MR

Comment

i never had my overheat, but in other nissans, such as my friends truck, in the snow or rain his steering gets warm and then it loses some of the responsiveness, which isnt very good for sliding around....if you are concerned, then just put one in.

Comment

the return line is the cooler. if you've a dohc motor, you'll see that the return line runs from the pinion across the rack and back towards the pinion area to the rubber hose to the return line. The sohc motors have the return line from the pinion across the rack then up to the return. You've got one built in and don't really need another one.

Comment

Working...
          X