Diff between s13 and 14????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff between s13 and 14????

Is there a significant difference in drifting ability between an s13 and an s14? Is one better with an SR20DET than the other. I need some answers (noob here ) Im lookin to buy one or the other, but wanna make sure im getting the best bang for my buck driftin wise.

aside from the S14 just plain looking better.... the S14 is less prone to understeer from what i've seen/heard/read. i had a S13 and damn did it like to understeer. S14s are just wayyyy sexier IMHO and if you have the cash go for the S14 and be stylish!

Comment

s14's rear end is more solid. With an S14 you don't really need an STB, the s13's do for the most part. S14's are also a little wider, have a different rear upper control arm instead of being an O in the center it's kinda like ). The front knuckle is thicker, tie rods and ends are stock a bit bigger, uses thicker sway bars, and some other stuff my drunken state's keeping me from remembering.

Comment

thanks guys, and also is there an easy way to paint the top of an engine to match a color scheme? I don't wanna like pay someone to do it so is there a special paint that i can use that is heat proof?

Comment

Honestly theres no difference. The S14 is alitle larger and alittle heavier but nothing big. Most S14s will handle better but its only due to the newer suspension and bushing.. With after market parts they will be nearly identical. There is no signifigant difference between the two cars.

Buy whatever car you can afford or like. Neither will hamper your drifting career.

Comment

hey world... u live in cali rite? if so then sorry 2 burst your bubble but sr20's are illegal here yea it sux unless u got some hookups w/ the emmisions ppl haha. but yea it wouldnt pass the visual test even if its really clean o well thats y i dont like living here

Comment

Originally posted by drift180sx
              hey world... u live in cali rite? if so then sorry 2 burst your bubble but sr20's are illegal here yea it sux unless u got some hookups w/ the emmisions ppl haha. but yea it wouldnt pass the visual test even if its really clean o well thats y i dont like living here
              SR20DETs are only illegal if you don't pass visual inspection. All that emmission passing crap is BS as long as you got a decent Catalyic Converter...

This is true in Texas and any other state. The engine may be technically illegal, but the only thing that will stop you from driving around with that beast is a visual inspection. You can get around this very easily if you have a friend who does inspections...

Matt.

Comment

If it's ODB2 and doesn't throw a code you'll pass the machine.

-MR

Comment

Working...
                X