Cable Ties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable Ties?

whats up with the cable ties? i still cant understand them... i see why someone would take they're bumper off but why hold it on with those cable ties?

its just easy and cheap

Comment

It can also be quick to use.Ueo also has a ziptied bumper.If they crash they can take it off and put another one on quickly and get back out there.A lot of ziptied cars aren't driven on the street anyways,so the need for a bolted bumper isn't really there,plus it could also provide a lot of inconvenience

Comment

just makes it easier to hold it on with out using 5 rolls of duck tape

Comment

oh ok now i get it, makes alot more sense now..

Comment

Its not really for looks if thats what your asking. its just easier.

Comment

i knew it wasnt for looks... i just couldnt figure out what it's pupouse was...

Comment

Cable ties and duct tape...
                What ya know... drifting IS a redneck sport...

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by z33Drifter
                  just makes it easier to hold it on with out using 5 rolls of duck tape
                  They seem to save the duct tape for such things as quarter panels.

Comment

ive seen that pic.... looks brand new... except its duct tape gray...

Comment

I had to take out my fender linings so my bumper has nothing to bolt to at the sides.

It's the same thing as if you have to roll your fenders to clear your rims. If there's nothing to bolt it to then make something.

And yes, they're much stronger than tape

Comment

if yer car sits really low and you bottom out the tie ties will break and the bumper will just fall off with little damage. but if your bumper is bolted on and you bottom out the bumper will break and sometimes bend yor fender.

Comment

have you seen how the bumpers just shoot out from the car when we hit something CABLE TIES if you bolt the bumper on and you hit you just found another need for a new bumper. with the cable ties its a break away system and we use it on the front and back bumpers. If you look at KFCs (tanaka) car his whole front end is tied on. Hell we even got pretty orange ones so you dont see em. I dont know how many times Ive put them back on. Now if we just had some orange duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                            Now if we just had some orange duct tape.
                            Trade you that for an option2 sticker.

Comment

re:

driftxtreme... thank you for the insight on zip ties...yes they are there not for looks or because it is "JDM STYLE" lol it is for function... yes ziptied cars are OFTEN driven on the road... if you drift and have been doing it for a while you would know about that now wouldnt you.
                              Zip Ties=easy to replace, and quick fix
                              wow this is almost embarassing..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X