ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

after-market SR20DET crank. who makes one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after-market SR20DET crank. who makes one?

I finally ripped apart my engine and see what I needed. As you can tell, major surgery will be required. So I was wondering if you guys knew if anyone made after market cranks. THanks for the time guys...

How did you rip up the internals of an SR?

I'm not positive, but I would say to try the major Japanese manufacturers:
    Apex
    HKS
    Trust
    Blitz

Maybe some other shops like Koguchi Power, Uras, Top Secret, Signal, and the like. (most will be www. ______ .co.jp)

If you just want a stock replacement, I'd imagine that any SR-swap shop or importer would have one.

-MR

Comment

oil pump went out and I stacked the #4 rod bearings....

Comment

Tomei

Comment

Originally posted by bboyt3nsk
          Tomei
          Nice engine kit from Tomei. Price is a big down fall tho....

Comment

Tomei, JUN, Toda Racing, HKS, Apexi, I believe Greddy does as well. You can buy the crank seperately from the rest of the kit, but the kits are usually for the stroker kits to make the 2.0L to a 2.2L typically. I've heard Tomei's got a 2.3L stroker kit in the works. Typical cost for these 2.2L stroker kits are roughly 4k with the freak on the lot being the Apexi one that comes in list at 10k. If you're looking for just the cranks, they're all over 1k from what I've seen. Don't freak out if you're looking at aftermarket cranks that are actually 1.2k and up. Personally I say just get a stock crank because unless you're really hardcore about the buildup of the sr, that's alot of money that could be spent elsewhere.

Comment

Agreed - try calling some shops around you.

-MR

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan
                Tomei, JUN, Toda Racing, HKS, Apexi, I believe Greddy does as well. You can buy the crank seperately from the rest of the kit, but the kits are usually for the stroker kits to make the 2.0L to a 2.2L typically. I've heard Tomei's got a 2.3L stroker kit in the works. Typical cost for these 2.2L stroker kits are roughly 4k with the freak on the lot being the Apexi one that comes in list at 10k. If you're looking for just the cranks, they're all over 1k from what I've seen. Don't freak out if you're looking at aftermarket cranks that are actually 1.2k and up. Personally I say just get a stock crank because unless you're really hardcore about the buildup of the sr, that's alot of money that could be spent elsewhere.
                I think I am goin the stock route. I dont want to stroke it...(I do that in privite..hehe). I just need to find one. How much stock cranks go for?? anyone know?

Comment

check your local yards. you can use the DE cranks. If you don't want to risk a single thing, check out www.sr20parts.com

Comment

ebay

I find www.ebaymotors.com to be a great place to check aswell. It could be a little risky but just cover your butt. dont just buy from anyone.

Lucidstrife

Comment

Dude sr20parts is a well known dismantler of SR20DETs within the 240 community. There's hasn't been a complaint I've heard about him and I post on NICO, Zilvia, and FreshAlloy. Ebay's the risky place to go, sr20parts is the safe place to go. Another place you can check out is Venus Auto, but they tend to be flaky and gouge on shipping and it depends if they've got a motor they're parting out or not. Good luck to you if you're gonna search ebay though.

Comment

Working...
                      X