1990 Taurus SHO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Taurus SHO

Im gettin a taurus SHO later on, and i would like to know its setup. Ive never seen anyone even mention this car. Its got a 3.2 liter engine and the engine was actually manufactured by yamaha and some people call it the SHO-GUN. Its american practicallity with some asian power. Ive gone on google and searched it but no1 drifts it and there are very little mods for it. I just wanna know what you guys think about it and if its any good for drifting, or any sort of motor sport.

That's because it's FWD. Crazy big power, but not the best layout (plus heavy weight I believe).

You could build a SHO-Gun out of it though...

The SHO-Gun is a Ford Festiva with the SHO's drivetrain placed where the rear seat used to be, making it Mid-engined/Rear-drive.

-MR

Comment

damn yo, sho gun = crazy.
      We gave thought to doing a fiero/chevette hybrid by putting the v6 in the rear with the four speed, but that was just stupid.
      Sho are pretty nice though.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
        damn yo, sho gun = crazy.
        We gave thought to doing a fiero/chevette hybrid by putting the v6 in the rear with the four speed, but that was just stupid.
        Sho are pretty nice though.
        I'm tellin ya man - go for the Busa-vette!

You can get RWD motorcycle trans's from the UK for cheap (plus shipping) or off of E-bay.

Pertaining to the subject - the SHO Taurus is about equal to the SVT Contour in terms of performance, with the Contour edgeing out the SHO in handling by a bit, and coming under the SHO in speed by a hair.

If you built a SHO-Gun, you would get mad props and have a crazy drift car - there's even a whole section in "High Performance Handling Handbook" about handling setup for the SHO-Gun

DO it!

-MR

Comment

Thanks for your help guys!

Comment

interesting

It would definatly be interesting to see a taurus drifting. Be you gotta make it at least some version of RWD, you dont wanna try to swing that big boat around and only have your power on the front wheels.

Lucidstrife

Comment

Its a FWD and if there was a field were i can pick either all the civics or integras or any other FWD car, id definitly go with this FF. The technology used on it was crazy for its time. If i had time i would probally fabricate a RWD sho, or like suggested just make a shogun.

Comment

I don't know off the top of my head, but you might be able to insert a Mustang transmission and rear end into the SHO, or just get a mustang

I am with you in the admiration of the SHO, but I equally like the SVT Contour.

Comment

i have a mustang for sale. automatic convertable with eibach springs. has balls (read: torque). low miles on all parts (motor trans rear end)

Comment

Working...
                  X