Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake upgrade parts

hey everybody,
    i've been seeing brake upgrades for the 180sx all over, and i was wondering which upgrades are bolt on. for now, i was thinking of leaving the 4-lug hubs, and putting r32 calipers up front and 300zx calipers in the rear. is there a larger rotor i could get for the rears in a 4-lug... and would i need to get larger rotors for the front as well? do i need anything else for the brake conversion? i've got ss brake lines...and looking into rims that clear bigger brakes... would i need a new master/slave cylinder as well? thanx for the help in advance!

btw.. i have a '90 240 with some suspension work done, and just waiting to find a safe deal for an sr20... (it's kind of hard to find deals cuz i'm in hawaii...) so, thought to up my brakes before slapping that motor in. i appreciate any assistance you guys'll be able to give me!

Comment

You can convert the whole thing to 300ZX brakes without converting the hubs. Some places will redrill the rotors for 4x114.3 and you can upgrade to Aluminum Z32 calipers up front and Z32 calipers out back. (not sure if they're available in aluminum) You'll need brake lines for the conversion, and a larger brake master cylinder, either 15/16" or 1 1/16". Also, the e-brake on the Z32 is different than on the S13... the e-brake acts like a drum brake on the Z32, while the e-brake on an S13 utilizes the calipers.

Run a search on zilvia.net, freshalloy.com, or nissaninfiniticlub.com and you should be able to find out more about it.

Comment

thanks! appreciate your help man... just one more question... would i be able to use the ss brake lines i got for the s13 or would i need to get the line for the 300zx?

Comment

I know of some people that have had trouble getting them to fit. I'm not really sure why though, it may be that they all got them from the same company and got sent the wrong thing - I have a hunch that they are different fittings

-MR

Comment

Working...
          X