pedal adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedal adjustment

i have an '86 ford ranger (please dont flame) and i have trouble doing heel and toe because the accelerator is too far behind the brake and clutch pedals. i was wondering if someone could tell me exactly how i can adjust it so that they are even (or as close as possible)? thanx for NOT FLAMING!

Well, I've seen people fit a small block of wood to the accelerator pedal to help with heel-toeing.

Comment

I've bled my brakes down so that the brake pedal is right at the gas pedal at optimum braking, but that might be a bit much to handle for a street-driven car and also reduces the throw of the brake pedal, resulting in less precision (for most drivers). To keep from having a whole lot of pedal play, I also retained the pedal with a cable so that it stays close to the firewall when released.

There ought to be a little adjustment bolt so that you can move the pedal around some, but if that's not the case a block of wood may be you best bet unless you want to do some cutting and welding, which looks great and works awesome when you're done, but is hard (impossible) to do without a welder.

If you don't want to be stepping on block of wood, you could get some of those rice aluminum pedals and put a rpacer between your OEM pedal and the rice covers. This would also allow you to effectively move the brake and gar pedals closer together, especially if you get a set of auto pedals and put the large regtangular one on the brake.

I found a website a while ago about seating position setup which may be helpful, I'll look for it and post a link here.

-MR

Comment

For all your interior setup needs:
        http://e30m3performance.com/myths/Dr...g_position.htm

and specifically:
        http://e30m3performance.com/installs...y_approach.htm

-MR

Comment

Working...
        X