Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jdm Ka24de - An Oxymoron ??

Hi,
    I have a 98 S14, w/ a 160K KA24DE in it. I dun even know how the phuck the previous owner drove it to this high mileage. Anyhow, throttle speed is bad, need throttle body cleaning and stuff.

My question is, someone told me I can do a cheap swap (around 12-1500) with a JDM KA24DE. I know all KA are from Japan, but apparently KA for japan is 180hp, copmpare to US KA. IS THAT TRUE??

I'd like to stay NA for drifting, and tune the KA to be around 220hp, that's good enough for me I think.

Plus I already got the fly wheel and everything for KA. Not to mention it MIGHT be able to stay legal with a KA.

Any comments??????

Re: Jdm Ka24de - An Oxymoron ??

Originally posted by saint_wrath
    Hi,
    I have a 98 S14, w/ a 160K KA24DE in it. I dun even know how the phuck the previous owner drove it to this high mileage. Anyhow, throttle speed is bad, need throttle body cleaning and stuff.

My question is, someone told me I can do a cheap swap (around 12-1500) with a JDM KA24DE. I know all KA are from Japan, but apparently KA for japan is 180hp, copmpare to US KA. IS THAT TRUE??

I'd like to stay NA for drifting, and tune the KA to be around 220hp, that's good enough for me I think.

Plus I already got the fly wheel and everything for KA. Not to mention it MIGHT be able to stay legal with a KA.

Any comments??????
    what car in Japan had a KA thats rwd?

Comment

That's the thing. I dunno how the hell they get KA24DE from Japan that fits in US 240sx. But I've seen a almost new KA being drop in a 240sx that blew it's original KA, and when test drive the guy was sayin it's night and day compare to old KA.

I think maybe the mechanic uses the parts in the car to make the JDM KA fits in.

And I saw it's head is silver color.

Comment

theres an obscure front wheel drive KA20 ( i think) in japan somewhere. but there is no JDM KA24. if someone put a nearly new KA in there 240 it was a refurbished or rebuilt engine.

220 wheel horse power out of a NA KA isnt really doable. You have to make power by one of two ways, preferably both. Cramming alot of air in the cylenders threw size or boost or both, and by spinning it really fast. The KA does neither.

There are some all out race motor KA's that are NA but if your looking for that kind of wheel power look into a turbo setup or a sr20 swap.

Furthermore the vast majority of KA motors were only sold in the states most where front wheel drive and made up the back bone of the nissan USDM fleet.

and there was never a KA that produced 180horse power stock. There are few NA KAs that can put that to the ground when built.

Comment

someone told you wrong? 1200-1500=rip off, find an sr swap shap they basically give them away, more then 500 for a motor set is retarded, as for more power: s14 motor,91 cams, sohc pistons q45 throtle body, custom header, porting, exaust, tuning,tuning,tuning should get you more power till it explodes

Comment

I remember hearing that the only JDM KA motor there is is a truck motor. But I dont think that would make to much of a difference would it? As long as its a KA24DE, your stock tranny should hook right up to it right?

Comment

Originally posted by ArhcieZ31
              I remember hearing that the only JDM KA motor there is is a truck motor. But I dont think that would make to much of a difference would it? As long as its a KA24DE, your stock tranny should hook right up to it right?
              actually there are diifrences, but why the hell would you bother with a jdm yo ka when people give them away here in the states, oh yeah to be jdm cool yo,.....lame

Comment

Thanks guys. So guess I'll be saving up the dope for a SR swap.

But man, I just got the Fidanza flywheel and ACT xtreme clutch for KA, haven't install it, but was thinking about putting it in now, and maybe able to use it later. Guess it ain't gonna happen now.

And as in Southern California, how much a reputable mechanic charges for a full SR swap including most things (I can get clutch and flywheel myself)?

Thanks, this forum is the best man

Comment

An SR swap can cost anywhere from $1500 to $7000 installed. NeoTech Imports is reputable, as is Jspec.com. I don't know NeoTech's prices, but Jspec's are as follows:
                  S13 SR20DET red top $3,500 to $3,800 installed.

S13 SR20DET blacktop $3,800 to $4,200 installed.

S14 Zenki SR20DET $4,800 to $5,000 installed.

S14 Kouki SR20DET $5,000 to $5,500 installed.

S15 SR20DET $6,500 to $7,000 installed.

Comment

KA24DE and E came in some vans and work trucks here. They are all RWD.

Comment

So THERE IS some KA24DE from Japan!?!

That dude ain't BSing me.

Well, but anyway, it's just not worth the stretch. Now I really decided to go with SR20DET 97/98.

Anyone seen those SR made from TOMEI, man I get a hard on just looking at their website. (http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/) 360hp delivered to your door. Too steep though.

Comment

Working...
                      X